Chapter 5

I decided to sleep in the next morning, well what had happened was I had accidentally slept in and decided to go along with it. I sat up in bed, checking my phone and reading a text Jessica had sent me.

"On my date! Don't wait up" -Jessica

I sighed in exhaustion as I stretched causing some type of animal noise to escape my mouth.

I thought I'd get some breakfast/lunch at the cafe across the street. It would help set my mood for my lazy day.

After showering and getting ready, I found myself heading out the door earlier than I expected. I quickly crossed the busy street and made my way into the surprisingly empty diner. The day was gloomy and I was yearning for a hot chocolate.

I ordered my food with the friendly cashier and made my way to a small table at the far end corner of the cafe. The huge window next to it gave me a beautiful view of the busy and crowded city that surrounded us.

I helplessly played on my phone as I awaited for my food, bored out of my mind when I suddenly felt someone sit in front of me.

My eyes flew up to greet the stranger.

"Hey" the familiar voice said followed by those beautiful green eyes.

"I'm finally able to talk to you" he joked as he licked his lips before looking around the cafe.

I felt my mouth go dry at the surprising encounter and I suddenly couldn't find my voice.

"It's Ella right?" He said as he inched closer, trying to get a better look at me.

"Right" I said quietly, trying not say something stupid.

"You're more quiet than I thought you'd be" he said trying to break me out of my shell.

"I usually am with strangers" I said with a shrug trying to sound coy.

This earned a small chuckle from him, a smirk forming on his face. His eyes wouldn't leave my face and I was glad I didn't look like a mess today.

Before he could respond, the waitress came to drop off my order. I thought she'd spill my hot drink all over me due to how much she was looking at the beautiful stranger in front of me. I didn't blame her, and I wished I had as much confidence as her to be looking at him with dreamy eyes.

"How are you?" She asked when Bill smiled at her politely.

"I'm great how about yourself?" He asked not taking his eyes off of me. It was almost disrespectful.

I looked up at the waitress who seemed to have gotten the hint. I gave her an amused look as she finally turned to face me.

"Anything else" she asked.

"This is all thank you" I responded before she turned around and quickly disappeared into the back of the cafe. Probably to die of embarrassment. I almost felt bad for her.

"I'm Bill by the way" he said giving me a sort of cheesy grin.

"And I'll be paying for your bill today" he said as he took the paper from out my hands. He swiftly took a $20 from his wallet and placed it on the table. I wonder how many times he had pulled this one off on girls.

"My drink is only $4" I said as I eyed him curiously.

"That means she'll get a $16 tip" he joked.

"Well she couldn't get your number, it's the least you could do" I joked back.

Bill raised his eyebrows in an amused manner at my remark before fixing his posture.

"What do you have planned for today?" He asked as I began to drink from my mug.

"Lazy day" I said as I shrugged my shoulders. My eyes didn't leave his as I brought the mug to my face.
His eyes screamed lust. I had seen that look too many times in movies.

"Uh huh" he said as he gave me a sideways smirk. His eyes continued to explore my face, examining my every feature.

"So you enjoy poetry?" He asked as he played with a sugar packet that was left on the table from previous customers. He played with it the same way I had done the night before at the diner. The night I let myself stare back into his eyes.

"I do" I said as I set my mug down. His eyes were fixated on the table, his posture screaming confidence.

"What do you write about?" He asked.

"Heart break?" He asked as he looked up at me with dark and questioning eyes.

"Never been heartbroken" I said quietly as I played with the whip cream that decorated my drink. I looked up to see him looking at me with curiosity on his face.

"Isn't that a good thing?" He asked, slightly confused at my saddened tone of voice.

"Maybe" I said as I relaxed a bit in my seat.

He gave me an impressed look as he nodded his head in an understanding motion.

"We can be addicted to a certain type of sadness" he said, his green eyes luring me in again.

"I agree" I said giving him a small smile.

Suddenly, his arm reached over the table grabbing my phone.

"What are you doing?" I laughed nervously.

"You can tell a lot about a person by just looking at their phone wallpaper" he said as he looked at me.

"Oh" I said taking in the weird fact.

My wallpaper was a picture of roses in rain.

After a couple seconds of silence, he handed me my phone back. I had been busy looking out the window in order to avoid another awkward staring contest.

"I have to go" I said as I began to get up.

"Thanks for the drink" I said with a warm smile.

"Thought it was a lazy day" he said with an amused tone of voice.

"And I'm late to my laziness" I joked as I began to head out.

"Hey" I heard his voice call out. I turned around, looking at him with amused eyes.

"Maybe you can write poetry about me" he said with a flirtatious smile.

"Maybe" I said giving him the same smile back before walking out, leaving him alone in the diner.