Chapter 13

I sat at the edge of my bed looking out towards the rainy sky. It hadn't stopped raining all day and it was just getting dark now. It had been 2 weeks since I last saw Bill and I began to feel silly about the whole thing. There was no reason for me to have cried or felt betrayed, I was looking at things through Bill's emerald perspective. It wasn't as bad as it seemed.

Out of nowhere, I got the craving for an adventure. I wanted to go out into the city and explore a place I hadn't been in before. I wanted try something new. That would make me forget and feel better.

Without hesitation I dressed myself in different clothing than usual. I was about to walk out of my closet when my eyes caught a red box that laid neatly in the corner. I bit my lip in hesitance before finally caving in. I pulled the box out and walked over to my bed. The box was in perfect condition and it made me realize how long I had gone without opening it. I slid the thin cover off revealing a pair of black thigh high boots. I then looked down at my sneakers and realized that I could be more adventurous that I wanted to tonight. My tight black dress and black leather jacket would look good with the boots anyways.

I slid them on before looking in the mirror, a little confident in what I saw looking back at me. Yes, it was out of my comfort zone but this is what this night was all about.

I picked up my purse and rushed out the door before I regretted my decision. It was rather cold but nothing I couldn't handle. I didn't know exactly where I was heading to be truthful but I knew I didn't want to go home just yet. Just as I was thinking this, I was onto the front street of my building, surrounded by the city life. I looked around to see young people laughing and walking around, some even drunk.

It was beautiful thing to be young and naive.

My eyes suddenly fell onto a familiar building with red neon lights protruding from within.

The strip club.

I stood for a second deciding whether to go or not but decided that it was a good start for my adventurous night. Fixing my leather jacket, I began walking towards the thumping music.

Once across the street, I felt my heart beating fiercely at the thought of entering the club but I did so anyways. After waiting for the bouncers to let us through, I slid past the wide door as people stood around laughing with drinks in their hands. "Oh devil" by electric guest played through the speakers on high volume making my body vibrate the deeper I walked in.

It was then I realized it was more than a strip club and more of an actual club. I looked around and saw people dancing all their problems away while woman in suggestive clothing danced on the stage.

I bumped into a random girl who seemed to have been wearing the same outfit as me.

"Sorry" we both said in unison before giggling at the coincidence of our outfits.

She was a beautiful brunette with brown eyes. She could be my long lost sister if you looked close enough. She looked at me with a warm smile before her friend called for her.

"Lola! Cmon!" Her friend said as she pulled her away deeper into the crowd.

I sighed heavily before looking around for some form of seat I could take. I didn't plan to stand the whole time and some drinks didn't sound too bad. I pushed my dark hair behind my shoulders as I made my way to an empty seat.

Once seated, I was able to fully get a good visual of the place. People seemed to get lost in the music and the energy of the lights. I picked up the small menu off the small table set in front of me and proceeded on trying to decide what drink I wanted. After deciding on a cosmopolitan, I sat patiently watching people melt into their rhythmic escape. Their weekend routine.