Chapter 8

Born to die- Lana Del Rey

"Ella" I heard his voice call out gently as I sat in silence.

We decided to go to a diner. One that was much nicer than the one I lived by.

I continued to look down at my strawberry milkshake that was untouched and in perfect condition. The cherry on top, a perfect metaphor.

The cherry on top

I slowly looked up to face Bill. His voice being to luring to ignore. The way his soft pink lips decorated his face was almost art.

"Yes?" I asked, playing with the scratches left on the old diner table. My eyes stayed glued on his, mesmerized by the colors in them.

"You have beautiful eyes" I said before I looked back down at my fingers that continued to trace all the flaws on the yellow painted table.

"That's not what you wanted to say" he said, his voice lingering in the air.

It wasn't what I wanted to say.

"You're right" I said as I stirred my milkshake with the pasty white straw, the whip cream disappearing into the thick drink.

"Say it" he said inching closer. I could feel his warm breath on me. Something I could grow accustomed to.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"You know, here in the city?" I asked again as I took a sip from my now melted shake that seemed to taste better that way.

"I haven't been grounded in a while" he said.

"Home wise" he added. I nodded my head in agreement as I spun my glass around.

"So you're interested in moving here?" I asked as I looked up to meet his gaze.

"If something catches my attention" he responded. His eyes seemed to grow darker at his words causing electricity to dance up my spine.

"Well, let me know if something does" I responded, my voice becoming slower and softer after every word.

My change of voice didn't go unnoticed because I could see Bill squirm in his seat. He cleared his throat before placing both his hands on the table, looking around for the waitress who had helped us earlier. A really sweet and older lady.

"Check please" Bill said as he raised his finger to signal her. I let my hand rest against my chin as we waited for her to make her way towards us.

"Thank you" I said to the nearby staff of the diner as we made our way out. It had to have been 11pm by now due to how empty and quiet the streets were.

"How dangerous are you?" I asked Bill as we made our way to his car.

"Excuse me?" Bill asked as he laughed.

"What has been your craziest stunts?" I asked again as he opened the car door for me.

"I'm a pretty calm soul if I do say so myself" he said as he raised his eyebrows at me. I quickly got in the car, letting the car door shut as I waited for him to walk over to the drivers side.