Chapter Thirty-Four (I)

(A/N; Hey guys! We are back with a new chapter! 😄 This chap will be written by Charlotte. Hope you love it! <3)

CHAPTER 34 (I)

Eunwoo's Pov

I didn’t know when the group separated. We were running out from the camp with the back door which only a few of us knew. That’s right, those assholes had another door that were hidden away from other members of the pack, that only a few members had knowledge of, most of us were of a rank. Like me.
I was ridden by guilt. Those bastards, I didn’t know how many people have died because of them, because of me. I had to do it, I have my own family to take care of. They said they would protect my sister if I joined them, and so I did, thinking that it was the only way to survive in this apocalypse. But I just can’t do it. Not when I met them. They had each other’s back and I saw them. They were looking out for each other’s safety as if they would their own. Now that’s a group I’d feel safe with. Maybe if I help them they would let me join them?

There were zombies when we ran out of the main building after we rescued two of their friends, Naeun and Taehyung, if I’m not mistaken. They were lack of one person, Chanyeol, I believe. I felt bad, my mind unravelling the last words he said to me before he was thrown out of the place. His eyes, no, they were not looking at me in anger, but in pity. I knew then that it was a grave mistake, one that will haunt me as long as I’m alive.

We made a bad decision by coming here, I hope you’d never do the same thing, Eunwoo. Chanyeol had said, before someone pushed him out of the gate and closed it. Leaving him to his demise.

He was right, I made a bad decision.
We were running from the horrendous scene that enfold just shortly after we stepped out of the main building. The group were relying on me so I led them to the secret door. Only the passage that I hoped were safe, was not. It was supposed to be clear, we made sure of it in case of emergency. But somehow Mingyu plans were proven a failure when zombies trickled into our views bit by bit, and the number was increasing. That was when we lose sight of the entire group, leaving me with Jungkook and a girl; Chorong. She had wounds and bruises all over her making her look the worst between the three of us. She reminded me of my sister. Oh god, I wish she was alive and well, she have to.

I will go to her once I helped them, soon. I just hoped we get out of this alive.

We just happened to make a run toward a hill just to get rid of the following zombies. Without any weapons, we were nothing, it was pointless to get wounded fighting, or worse, we could die. Jungkook and Chorong appeared to have the same thought as me and we were running away, barely catching our breaths, until I noticed a house from afar. Good, just something we needed.

“Hey, there’s a house up ahead.” Jungkook seemed to have seen it too. I sighed, even a closet would be a safest place right now. I looked up at the sky, Jungkook was right, it was getting dark. Those motherfuckers would be even hungrier at night.

“Think it’s empty?” Chorong whispered, hope lacing in her voice. Girl, you and me both.

“Lights are out…” I trailed off, peering into the distance. Something struck in me, and I did a double take at the building. Somehow it gave me chills…

“Let’s go check it out.” Jungkook said, and walked ahead, Chorong shadowing him and then me, still trying to figure why the hell would I be spooked by a house. Could it be…?

Kai's Pov

I stayed quiet as the girl softly cried, weeping for a fallen love. I desperately wanted to hold her, but as I reached to her back, my fingers curled back. No, it’s not fair for both of them. It’s not fair for her. So I recoiled and watched, feeling the pain in my own heart for not being able to console her like I wanted to.