Chapter Thirty-Four (II)

(A/N; And we are back everyone! Sorry for the long wait~~~Anyway this is the second part of Chapter Thirty-Four by Charlotte. Next chapter will be the last chapter for this story so stay tune to find out! ><)

CHAPTER 34 (ii)

Eunwoo's Pov

Upon walking into the front yard, my eyes instantly zeroed to the blurry ‘x’ in red paint on the pathway. I froze for a while, letting my two companions walk before me, as I looked up at the old house. It looked inhabited, so it would probably be okay, right?

Just as I was occupied by my mind, i accidentally stepped on a fat twig. It broke into two, the cracking sounded loud in the quiet condition. After a while standing like a statue, the two person infront of me turned around, each giving me a glare, in which I replied with a nervous “sorry.”
Jungkook led the way again proceeding with a few knocks on the door but there was no reply. I guess it is safe, right?

We walked into the house, me being the last one. I shut the door softly behind my back and continued taking in the room in front of me. Whoever lived here before must be filthy rich. Huge old family paintings hung down on the walls, giving me an eerie feeling that they were looking at me, and thick carpet adorned the entire floor. Yet it was missing its habitants, and it did look empty, like it wasn’t used for the longest time. I let out an audible sigh, I hope we will be okay here. Only for a night, and I’ll bring them somewhere else.

Jungkook suggested us to search in every possible rooms, and we did a quick search, but as the night was becoming late, and we didn’t see anyone, we dropped into the living room and took our break. There was a big fireplace in the living room so Jungkook lit it up, instantly I felt warm. The couch beneath me felt so good, I could feel the dizziness kicking in, just as Chorong spoke.

“I’m sorry…” she said forlornly. I turned to her, Jungkook gave me a brief look but didn’t say anything as they exchanged a few words.
While listening to their conversation, I voiced, “Betrayed?”

I waited for their reply but it didn’t happen, so i guess it must’ve been before we met each other.

My mind fleet to my sister, how was she now? I hope she’s fine. I will meet her after I settled everything I have to with these guys. I made a promise to myself and her that I will always be there to protect and take care of her. It was what I told her when we left Korea five years ago to the States.
Chorong then asked about a girl named Suzy, and I sighed. I knew what this was, this called for privacy. After a moment, I stood up, throwing a last look at them who didn’t seem to notice me, and walk away. Well I’m sure one of the rooms have an equally comfortable bed. I just hope they wouldn’t be so loud.

I walked deeper into the house, manoeuvring the hallway that we ventured once today, looking for a suitable bedroom. I didn’t want to take the rooms near the living room, just in case they wanna get rowdy later.

At the end of the hallway was another room, I opened the door just a crack giving it a brief scan before I swung the door wider. The windows were closed by blinds. The electricity was most likely cut, which I’m quite sure of, and I didn’t want to attract any attention from the walkers by using any source of light… maybe I’d just open the blinds up a bit just enough for the moonlight to shine into the room.

I padded closer to the window, my shoes clattered against the wood floor and pulled the blinds just a bit. I peered outside the house which oversaw the backyard and was surprised when I saw shadows moving. I focused as much as I could with the dim light and saw about a dozen of people out there. It might be the walkers…
…but they were interacting with each other? I bit my lip, and turned toward the door. I have to investigate this.