Chapter 6

Author's Note: I hope I don't gross you out too much with a scene in this chapter. It was an actual conversation between my husband and me. I often use events between the two of us for inspiration. This was based on a conversation we had this past week. I thought it was both disgusting and hilarious. I can't believe I actually put it in here, but I kind of feel like it goes with the progression of my main characters in matters of closeness, comfort, and playfulness together. Don't hate. My husband can be silly sometimes, also I just made chicken stew only and no dumplings, yuck. Even my daughter was disgusted with Daddy's gross jokes when I told her later why there were no dumplings.

(Hosanna's POV)

I wake to tender kisses on my back.  I sigh as my husband traces around my tattoo with his fingers as his lips trail down my spine.  His other hand holds my hip in place.  I smile as he kisses my dimples, something about me that he loves.  "I know what somebody wants before breakfast," I announce in a singsong voice. 
He continues to kiss me and I slowly roll over to his lips on my abdomen now.  "Don't I always?" he grins seductively looking up at me.
"Usually," I reply. 
He climbs up above me staring deeply into my eyes.  "You really are like a dream," he says.  "I feel like this isn't real sometimes, like one day, I'm going to wake up and you'll be gone."
"Don't say that," I respond stroking his jaw with my fingers.  "I'm always going to be here with you."
"You promise?" he asks looking me over with such admiration. 
"I promise," I whisper before he closes the gap between us. 

*****

I open the curtains with one strong pull.  I chuckle to myself, so glad that Aaron isn't still standing there.  I wish Eric would've said something before about his infatuation with me.  I probably wouldn't have kissed his cheek or held his hand briefly after the attack.  But I really was grateful for what he did for me.  Even though Eric explained later on that we are immune to the death serum, it still felt like Aaron saved my life, like he's owed our appreciation for what he did.  I'm also glad that Eric didn't say anything to him.  He is a hero and he should be treated as such. 
I hear my phone buzz and I walk over to pick it up.  George just sent me a recipe for chicken and dumplings.  He also invited us out to the bar tonight.  We don't have plans so I type in 'Yes' since I miss my friends.  I know they're working a lot and George is spending time with his sister but I do miss staying with them.  Although, it's nice to have our privacy, too. 
Eric isn't in the shower yet so I call out to him. 
"Hey, we're invited to go out to the bar tonight with George and Amar.  They said to invite anyone we want," I tell him. 
"Okay," he responds.  "Did they say anything else?"
"Yeah, he sent me a recipe," I say. 
"Oh?  What for?" he asks. 
"Chicken and dumplings.  It actually sounds really good," I tell him. 
He laughs.  "What's so funny?" I ask curiously. 
"I'm making some dumplings of my own," he chuckles. 
"What?" I ask confused.  I peek my head in the bathroom to see that he's indisposed.  "Gross Eric!  That is not funny."
He laughs louder.  I walk into the closet to pick out my clothes.  "Don't say that.  You'll make me feel bad," he jokes.  "Nobody makes fun of you in the bathroom," he mocks. 
"Yeah, well I don't compare my bowel movements to food," I tell him.  "I'm definitely never making that recipe," I mumble as I select an outfit for the day and a dress for tonight. 
I hear him washing his hands before walking into the closet with me.  "I'm sorry.  I was just teasing," he says hugging me.  "That and I couldn't resist," he tells me trying not to laugh. 
"Ha ha," I say rolling my eyes. 
"Do you want to shower with me?" he asks. 
"Is it safe in there?" I chuckle a little. 
"It's fine," he nudges me with his nose. 
"Oh, all right.  But only because you love me," I say. 
"Don't ever forget that," he says smacking my backside as I lead the way to the bathroom. 
"You're going to get it," I warn him walking toward the shower. 
"That's what I'm hoping for," he laughs.