vicissitude.

Him.

A wave of anxiousness crashed into her.

He broke her down, criticized every piece of her, grabbed and threatened.

Oh my, the screams.

A monster trapped behind his fire ignited eyes.

All of his sins were blanketed by his innocent smile. The smile she once believed too.

When she stepped off that plane a couple years ago, she thought she was free. Rhiannon felt that Yoongi was her heaven. The soul that he had destroyed was now restored with laughs and adventures.

Her past was after her, the same way she was after her freedom.

She ran.

-

Rhiannon could feel him behind her, her vision blurring and her hearing blocked by her own thoughts of worry. She refused to let him drag her back, not again.

Yoongi had been watching the door, and was confused to why she had been running so suddenly. He got up and decided to investigate.

Rhiannon ran into the single female bathroom, and locked it behind her. She keeled on to her knees over the toilet, feeling weak and nauseous. He pounded on the door. A sound she had hear too many times before.

Yoongi followed Rhiannon and the strange man rushing behind her, until she slammed the bathroom door.

He watched the man pound on the door in anger, lashing out for no important reason. Yoongi didn't like the way he was yelling at her through the door, and he felt his fist clench. He took a deep breath. He was not going to let the anger control him like last time, he cleared his throat.

"Excuse me sir, what seems to be the problem? Did something happen to Rhiannon?" he spoke as calmly as his brain allowed him, which was very difficult.

"Who the hell are you?" the man spoke aggressively. Yoongi knew Rhiannon did not like aggressiveness.

"Someone who is tired of you disrespecting Rhiannon. Move."

The man left the building, and Yoongi proceeded to perform the signature knock that Rhiannon did on his room door every morning when she brought in his meds. She came to the door just like he knew she would.

She creaked it open less than an inch to see if the coast was clear, and felt safe to see Yoongi in front of her. Rhiannon wrapped her arms around his body.

"help me."

It sent shivers down his spine. Yoongi was always the one needing her to relax him, helping him escape the voices, and not once had he'd seen her so vulnerable.

Rhiannon had always been a fearless person to him, but now she looked in fear for her life. He held her head and told her to breath with him, the same way she used to with him.

"you're okay, I am right here. Lets go into the room." He spoke quietly and held her hand.

-

Rhiannon finally collected herself enough to tell Yoongi the backstory of the man from the hallway.

"He abused me. Emotionally. He used to threaten to be physical if I'd cry." She was ashamed to look into Yoongi's eyes.

"I moved here to have freedom. He made me believe that I don't deserve to be here. I moved to start a new chapter in my life that wasn't consumed with fear. Then I met you Yoongi. The only one I have."

Yoongi placed his fingers under her chin, "Look at me Rhiannon," he spoke kindly.

She looked into his bright eyes, he placed his hand on her heart.

"I feel your heart beating against my palm. A heart that is full of love, passion, and beauty. If you don't deserve to be here than neither do I. Without you giving me a chance on that first day, I might not be sitting in front of you right now. I refuse to let you think any less of yourself okay? I will always be right here to protect you, just like you protected me. That is all that matters right now in this moment."

Author's Note - Two updates in one night because I don't appreciate you guys enough. I love all of you and your kindness. Hope everyone is staying healthy and happy :)