3. just stop your crying

january 19th, 2016

january 19th, 2016

millie was really confused. she couldn't understand why finn and maddie had stood up for her. they had never talked before, and their whole group hated her. they all treated her like shit, all the time. they made her hate herself more.

"hey hunny, how was school yesterday, i'm sorry i came into too late to say hi!!" her mom said as millie was coming down the stairs. her mom was a nurse at hawkins hospital and sometimes had to take night shift to let their rent. "it was okay." millie responded, walking towards the front door. her mom screamed at her to eat breakfast but she was already out the door. a few moments later millie felt a butt buzz. she looked at her phone and noticed instagram message from someone she didn't recognize

********: hey
milbunny: hey?
********: i'm sorry about sadie and them
milbunny: um who is this?
********: oh right that. i'm finn, finn wolfhard :)

"OH MY GOD!" millie screams so loud it felt like her house shook. finn wolfhard was texting her. "WHY WERE YOU SCREAMING SO LOUD?" ava says running in. "did you knock?" millie responded. "no" ava replied. "then get out of my room" millie said snappily. she was still in awe over the fact that THE finn wolfhard has just texted her. she requested to follow him, and he did her. then she felt her phone buzz again.

finnwolfy: you there?
milbunny: uhhh, yeah sorry.
finnwolfy: it's fine. anyways i'm sorry about sadie and them, they have no right to treat you like that. it makes me sick to my stomach.
milbunny: yeah, right. it makes you sick to your stomach. YET, you're dating one of them
seen

no response. 'maybe that was going to far'. millie thought to herself. she knew that it was a reasonable thing to say, but she also knew that he reached out to her to apologize and she responded bitchy. she opened her phone and looked through instagram. she looked at the picture she had posted a few days prior. 11 comments.

"a rat"
"you look like a potato"
"go back to the sewer"
"i'd say it looks good, but nothing looks good on you"
"whore"

millie felt a tear trickle down her face as she read the other 6 comments. all mean things from kids at school. she quickly wiped it away, but then more started coming. 'just stop your crying' millie thought to herself. she didn't understand what she had done to make them hate her so much. but they did. everyone did.

-

-

finn was laying in his room, staring at his ceiling. what millie had said really hit him. she was right, he said it sickened him, but he was dating the one causing all of it. he felt a buzz on his phone, and his heart skipped a beat. he was hoping it would be millie, even though he had left her on seen. his whole body felt like a huge weight had just been dropped on him when he realized it was only sadie. he didn't even bother opening it. he thought back to the first time her had ever met millie brown.

~

~

"FINN MOM NEEDS YOU!" nick, finns older brother, who should be in college right now, screamed up the stairs. a few moments later finn walked in to the kitchen to see his mom holding a welcome basket filled with baked goods. "look, i realized that we never introduced ourselves to that new family who moved in at the end of our street. so would you run this over to them?" his mom said with a fake smile. "sure," finn replied. not even realizing who's house he was told to go to.

he knocked, and waited. no answer. he went to knock again, but just as his hand was about to hit the door, a petite and beautiful, brown haired girl answered the door. finn could feel himself blushing, which confused him. why did this girl, who he had never met, make him feel this way? he thought to himself.

"hello?" millie said before fully realizing that finn wildcard was at her door. "umm, hey. i live at the end of the street. and umm, my mom wanted me to drop this off" finn blurted our, much faster than intended. "we've been living here for nearly two months" she responded, sounding annoyed. "oh, well i'm, um, sorry i didn't come sooner" finn responded, handing her the basket and walking off her porch and back to his house.

another buzz pulled finn out of his memory. he still hoped it would be the brown haired, british girl, but he knew it would be sadie. he hadn't responded to her in almost 30 minutes, which meant it was going to be a long paragraph about why she is more important than anything else he could have possibly been doing. finn didn't care though. he wanted to give her a reason to break up with him. he was done pretending to be someone he was not.

"finn time for dinner!" his mom yelled up the stairs. "OKAY" he screamed back. he knew there was no reason for him to scream what he had just said. but he was angry and had to get it out, in some other way than punching his wall. there was no room to punch it anymore.

he had punched the drywall in an area where he was able to pull out his bed, punch the wall, and push his bed back in. one of the times, he was so angry at sadie, he punched the wall and broke his wrist. his parents made him go to therapy for 3 months for anger management.

"FINN" his mom yelled again. "I AM COMING" he yelled back. leaving sadie's contact on do not disturb, and heading down the stairs to the dining room.

authors note.

HI SORRY ITS BEEN SO LONG. THIS CHAPTER ALSO FEELS LIKE KINDA RUSHED AND IM SORRY.  BUT I HOPE YOU ENJOY ANYWAYS!!

IT HASNT BEEN PROOFREAD WHOOPS.