9. beautiful angel

finn woke up the next morning confused and weak. his body was in pain, but he didn't really care about himself. he was worried about millie. she was out of surgery and stable last night. but she still had not woken up yet, and it worries everyone. finn was beginning to think maybe her injuries were worse than he was being told. maybe everyone but him knew she wasn't going to wake up.

he sat there in his thoughts for awhile

if i had made her stay upstairs this wouldn't have happened
i shouldn't have waited so long to tell her how i felt
this is my fault

gaten got wheeled in just then, with one of his gaten grins. he wanted so badly to cheer finn up. "hey buddy" gaten said. no response. "look, i know it's hard not to beat yourself up right now. i can't imagine what is going through your head. but i'm here for you... and i love you. you're like my brother" he added, and the proceeded to wheel himself out the door.

"how is he?" the group asked as gaten made his way back into his bed. "unresponsive. to me at least" said gaten. the group wasn't sure how to cheer him up. they knew whatever they tried wouldn't work until they heard more on millies condition, which could be days. days that finn is going to sit there blaming himself. asking god what he could have done different. nobody wanted to imagine what finn would do if millie didn't make it through this.

"i think me and chloe are going to head home, hospitals are too much for us" said noah  although neither of them talked about it much, they have a deep rooted fear of hospitals because it's the last place they saw their mother. she passed away of cancer 3 years ago. "okay, we love you both. be safe. we will update you soon" said maddie. even though she said they would update soon, she wasn't sure how "soon" it would be possible.

hey y'all!! it's been a fat minute. but i want to finish this story. it deserves an ending and so do all of you! this chapters a little messy because i haven't had the chance to reread what i've written and i'm just going off the last chapter. but the next ones will be better. and you will finally get your ending. thank you all so much for the support. i hope you enjoyed :)