5. make me believe

january 21st, 2016

january 21st, 2016

"TEXT HIM" maddie and noah said in sync. they had all gone over to maddie's house after school and millie wouldn't stop bringing up finn. they could both tell she liked him, but she wouldn't admit it. "text him or i will!" noah screamed. "FINE!" millie responded with a slight giggle.

milbunny: hey

"look i texted him, happy now?" millie said looking her friends in the eye. "millie, babe, you said hey. the most common word like ever!" maddie said. "i don't care! i wasn't going to text him!" millie said giggling. "but i did, for you guys! it's a compromise, take it or leave it!" millie said bursting into a full laugh "what do 'you mean take it or leave it' you already sent it!" noah said, joining millie in the laughter. "yeah but i can unsend it" the petite brown haired girl said in response.

"like i said, it's a compromise, you guys are making me text him, so all i'm going to say is hey" she added, knowing this kind of didn't make sense, but not really caring. "fine, halfway happy!" maddie and noah said in sync, again. this made them all start laughing, maddie turned purple, millie sounded like a squirt bottle, and noah was snorting. 'finally... friends' millie thought to herself. she stopped laughing and started admiring her new friendships. she was finally happy.

after a few hours of them talking about the weirdest things, they decided to go pick up some dinner. none of them had eaten all day, and were starving. "where should we go?" asked maddie. "hmmm..." noah said. after a few minutes of silence they mutually agreed on mcdonald's.

"drive-thru or dine-in" maddie said, pulling up to the closet mcdonald's. "dine-in? i'm pretty sure you can't call mcdonalds a dine-in" millie said. "shhhhh" maddie responded. they parked and went inside. as they walked in the first thing they noticed was finn picking up his order, which made millie's face light up. "go say hi!" her friends said. "o-okay" millie said nervously. she started walking over to him but stopped when she noticed where he was headed, to sadie.

millie whipped around and headed back to her friends. "oh sorry mills!" noah said. "oh... um... it's... i'm fine" millie eventually got out, she could feel herself tense up as she thought to herself 'friends don't lie" and she had just lied. "do you want to go somewhere else?" maddie asked. "drive-thru?" noah suggested. millie nodded and they walked out the door.

after they got their food, they decided to hike up the H rock, which was a rock on a mountain named after hawkins high. by the time they reached a spot where they could sit comfortably but still look over the city, the sun was setting. "wow, this is gorgeous" noah said, in awe over how pretty it was. millie wanted to agree but she was speechless, she'd never seen anything like it before.

once the sun set and they had finished their food they headed down the mountain. "hey, do you guys want to go to jacobs party tomorrow?" maddie said. "i'm being forced to go and i don't want to be there by myself" she added. "of course we will come mads!" noah said. maddie smirked and got in the drivers seat of her white subaru impreza.

"hey mads," millie said. "yeah?" maddie responded quickly. "do you think i could spend the night? my moms away on a business trip and ava's at our grandparents house," millie paused. "and, i, uh, don't think i can handle being home alone right now" millie stopped again. "you can say n-" she tried to continue but maddie cut her off. "of course you can! i'd love to have you!" maddie's said looking over at millie and smiling. "i want to come!" noah added. "you should! and invite chloe too!" maddie said.

noah texted chloe and they headed to his house to pick her up. "hey guys!" chloe said getting in the car. "hey!" they all greeted her. "do you want to stop by your house mills?" maddie asked. "uh yes please" millie responded.

they stopped by millie's, and she headed in to get her sleepover essentials. she packed enough clothes for the night. then headed down the hall to her bathroom, she grabbed some makeup and her toothbrush. after a few more minutes of gathering her needed stuff, she started down the stairs, and walked to the door. "okay, let's go!" millie said enthusiastically as she climbed back into the car, throwing her bag in the back as she felt a buzz coming from her back pocket.

-

-

finn had been hanging out with sadie all day, and basically everyday since he had ignored her. hanging out with her definitely wasn't something he wanted to do, but she hadn't really given him a choice. "finn!" sadie screamed at her boyfriend who was obviously not paying attention to her. "yes?" finn said confused, "what the hell is up with you? you haven't really said anything to me in like 2 weeks" sadie said in a bitchy tone.

"why does it matter? it's not like we are really dating" finn said back snappily. "i don't care what the hell is actually happening between us, you should still be paying attention to me!" sadie said standing up and waving her hands around the room. "who the fuck are you texting?" she said loudly, grabbing at finns phone. he immediately turned his phone off. "sadie... i can't do this anymore... i'm done" finn said, standing up and grabbing his coat. "you CAN NOT break up with me finn wolfhard!"

finn had been on his phone texting millie back, when sadie tried to grab at it. the text never went through, so he resent it. he tried to take his mind off of her but couldn't. hemissed her. he kept checking his phone to see if she had replied

finnwolfy: hey millie!
seen

"fuck" finn said, nobody was around to hear him. finn started to wonder why she didn't respond, he thought maybe he said something wrong or did something she didn't like. he sat there beating himself up, but suddenly felt a buzz

milbunny: hey...
finnwolfy: oh, i can go if you don't want to talk
milbunny: please don't
finnwolfy: okay, well, are you okay?
milbunny: yeah, i'm just in one of those moods, ya know?
finnwolfy: yeah i get it, whys that?

finn wasn't sure asking this was a good idea and was proven right when millie left him on seen

-

-

millie wanted to say it was because she had seen him and sadie together, but that meant telling him she liked him, so there was no way she was going to do that. "finn texted me" millie said, filling her friends in on what was going on. she read there conversation out loud, and they all convinced her to just tell him why. so she did.

milbunny: because finn, i like you, and i know it's weird because i barely know you, but something about you just caught me. and today i saw you with sadie and it hurt me, and it was oddly hard. anyways it doesn't matter because it's not like you like me back.
delivered

authors note.
HEY GUYS!! sorry it's been so long since i last updated, i've had a hectic week.
anyways here's a few things
1) i really like this chapter but it's kind of a mess so sorry
2) i'm not really sure what day of the week it should be, but i'm going to say that this all took place on a friday (if there's a day i mentioned earlier than i'm sorry if it's confusing lmao)
3) this isn't proofread, but that's not new😂
4) I GOT MY FIRST JOB YESTERDAY AND YAYYYYY