Chapter 1

The Tutoring Project- Chapter 1

It was the first day after Christmas break. Louis was carrying his books to his first class this year.

The class started and he seated his things and sat down. Soon the other students came in and the teacher.

"Welcome everyone to this part of the semester! Ok it seems that we miss Mr. Styles here. Do any of you know where he is?" Mrs. Portman asked. No one answered. "Ok well." then she started giving us information about this school year and what we would work on in the coming weeks, then suddenly there was a knock on the door.

There came Principal Stewart and Harry. Mr. Stewart came walking in and stood beside Mrs. Portman. Harry walked past Louis and sat down in the back of the classroom. He looked pissed.

"Hello everyone! I just wanted to say that I wish you all every happiness with this spring, and hope that all of the seniors do the best they can." Principal Stewart said to the students. "Well I hope all of the student appreciated that wonderful speech of yours" Mrs. Portman said.

Mr. Stewart was on his way out when he suddenly stopped. "Oh, I almost forgot. Louis can you come to my office after class?" he asked me. "Yes, of course" Louis answered and smiled. He hoped it wasn't anything serious.

***

After class Louis made his way to Mr. Stewart's office. He knocked, heard a "Come in" and walked in and closed the door after him. "You wanted to see me?" He asked.

"Yes, sit down please" He said. Louis sat down and listened. "As you know you are an excellent student, you do all your homework, you get straight A's and you have never skipped school. But there isn't everybody who is like you, so me and the teachers have been discussing and there is one student we think needs help with homework and tests in school. So we decided that you, young man, is now going to tutor a student the rest of this semester." He finally finished.

He was shocked; the teachers thought that Louis was so good in school that Louis was able to tutor someone. But he needs to know who it was. Louis imagined him tutoring Harry Styles. He didn't even want to think about it.

"Mr. Stewart, I would love to tutor a student on this school. But do you mind telling me who?" Louis asked and hoped for an answer.

"Oh, Louis I can't tell you before the meeting tomorrow. You and the student you are going to student are going to meet me at my office tomorrow in first period. Ok?" He asked me. "Of course, I'll see you then. Bye" Louis walked out in the hallway; the bell should be ringing any time soon now.

The bell rang and students came rushing out, on the way to their lockers. Louis went to find his books to his next class. Math. Louis liked math, it's only a system you have to understand and then you know what to do. It's easy.

He walked into class, but then suddenly he bumped into something. Or someone. Harry Styles. "Watch where you're going!" he almost yelled to Louis.

"I'm s-sorry" Louis stuttered. He walked angrily past Louis and made sure to bump into him. Louis has never talked to him before; He has just seen him around school.

Louis walked into class and sat down.

The teacher finally came in and started class. "Hello everyone, today we will start doing algebra so open your books on page 35" said Mrs. Jenner. Then she started writing tasks on the board "Who wants to come and solve these tasks?" she asked. Louis raised his hand, and surprisingly she didn't choose him.

"Mr. Styles would you come up and try?" she asked him
"No" he answered quickly. "You don't have a choice Mr. Styles" she said and waited for him to stand up.

He walked up to the board, stood there staring at Mrs. Jenner and leaned against the board. "Mr. Styles solve the task now!" Mrs. Jenner said with a harsh tone.

Harry grabbed the chalk and turned to the board. He looked at the task with a concentrated face and I could see his hands shaking.

"I give up! I can't do this!" He said putting his hands up in defense. 
"Oh well, Louis I think Harry need help here. Can you come up and help him?" She said to Louis and he was shocked. 
"Err.. Sure" Louis said a bit nervously up and walked up towards the board where Harry stood.

He stood right beside him, and noticed the glare he sent. Louis tried not to look at him too much. 
He held out his hand for him to give Louis the chalk. He glared and gave it to him. Louis turned to the board and solved the task.

"Good job, Louis!" 
She said to him then turned to Harry, "but you Harry! I think you should go home and study "she said to him.

Harry showed her the middle finger, walked to his desk still the middle finger towards Mrs. Jenner, grabbed his books, walked out the door and slammed it shut.

Everyone was quiet. Louis just walked to his desk quietly and sat down. He saw Mrs. Jenner was about to say something, but in that second the bell rang.

The other periods went by quickly and Louis was now on his way home. He studied for a while and ate dinner with my family.

Then he went up to his room, took a shower and went to bed thinking about whom he was going to tutor.