[Chapter 2]

Everyone stopped at what they were doing as Chaeyeon looks up at the woman in an apologetic expression. The woman looks at her with a death glare as Chaeyeon gulps in anxiety.

"I'm so sorry, ma'am. I didn't mean to do that." - Chaeyeon

"What do you mean you didn't mean to?! You not only embarrassed me, but you also ruined my new dress!" - Woman

Chaeyeon looked down in guilt.

"I'm really sorry." - Chaeyeon

"Your sorry does not make up for what you did." - Woman

Chaeyeon brought her head up to look at her.

"I want you to kneel down to my feet and apologize correctly." - Woman

Chaeyeon stared at her in shock as everyone kept quiet, witnessing the scene. Tears were visible in her eyes as Chaeyeon brought her head back down. Just before Chaeyeon could kneel on the ground, someone grabbed her arm and made her stood back up. The woman arched her eyebrows in confusion as the person pulls Chaeyeon behind.

"She already apologized. No need to make a scene." - Jungkook

"What does this have to do with you?!" - Woman

Jungkook narrows his eyes and stared deep into her dark brown eyes.

"If you really know who I am, you wouldn't be talking like that to me just now." - Jungkook

Just before the woman could say another word, RyuJin came walking up to her.

"I would like you to leave, ma'am. You are currently destroying my mom's party." - RyuJin

RyuJin gave signals to the security guards as the woman was being dragged away from the scene. Chaeyeon wipes her tears away as Jungkook and RyuJin both turned to her.

"Are you okay?" - RyuJin

Chaeyeon nodded her head.

"Thank you." - Chaeyeon

Chaeyeon bowed to them as she walks off. Jungkook was eyeing her in a gentle way as Chaeyeon continue to walk away.

Chaeyeon walked back to the kitchen but stopped by the door upon hearing her name.

"What were you doing back there?!" - Maid #2

"She deserved that." - Maid #3

"She was just working, like the rest of us." - Maid #4

"She does not belong here. She belongs back at the dump place along with her mental mother." - Maid #3

After hearing those harsh words, Chaeyeon couldn't handle it anymore as she ran away from that place, crying.

Jungkook and RyuJin were talking while they were with their parents. As they were talking, Jungkook saw Chaeyeon running while crying. Jungkook excused himself and walks after her as RyuJin watches him walking away. Chaeyeon ran out of the house and continue to run until she came upon a bridge that was hung over a huge wide river.

Chaeyeon dropped onto the ground as she continues to cry in misery. When Jungkook was caught up to Chaeyeon, somehow he felt her pain just seeing her cry. Jungkook then took small steps towards her, slowly. When Jungkook was next to her, Chaeyeon looked up only to see the man that helped her from earlier.

Chaeyeon slowed down her crying as she quickly wipes off her tears while Jungkook kneeled down to eye level her. Jungkook wanted to know what happened, but he didn't want to burden her. So, he decided to start something of easily.

"I'm Jeon Jungkook. You?" - Jungkook

Chaeyeon looked up at him slowly while sniffing.

"Min Chaeyeon." - Chaeyeon

Jungkook gave Chaeyeon a soft smile as they eye each other gently. After seconds of eyeing each other, Chaeyeon averted her eyes as Jungkook sighed.

"Do you want me to send you home?" - Jungkook

Chaeyeon looks at him confusingly.

"I can feel you being uncomfortable going back there. What do you say?" - Jungkook

Chaeyeon hesitatingly as Jungkook could sense her nervousness.

"Don't worry. I won't do anything to you." - Jungkook 

Chaeyeon continues to look at him in concern, but all of her nervousness that she has of him was all gone once he said the words she doubted to hear. 

"I'm a gentleman." - Jungkook 

TO BE CONTINUED 

JANUARY 31, 2018

Sorry for the short chapter. I wrote this chapter during class. I promise I will update another chapter today just for you guys.