chapter three

Authors note:

Hey so I'm gonna start just updating on Fridays instead now, seeing as I don't wanna like spam you guys lol.

Anyway, Noah finally makes an appearance woo.

If you see any grammar/spelling mistakes, let me know!

Enjoy :)

----------

The first thing Sam noticed was that this guy was tall. He stood looking at the shelves with his toned back facing the bunk beds, inspecting the books with both hands on either side of his narrow hips.

Freckles were scattered over his tanned skin from head to toe, grouping mainly over his cheeks and sharp nose. He had three piercings in each ear (two helix, one lobe) and a sleeve tattoo on his right arm (red roses, from what Sam could see). He ran a hand through his faded dark brunet hair before he turned and his golden eyes focussed on Sam.

In other words, he was good looking.

The guy nodded at him, then grabbed a book and climbed onto his own bunk to read it. Obviously not in the mood for small talk then. Sam stood there awkwardly.

He placed the few things he was given earlier onto the table, then made his bed.

Now what.

He found himself watching the guy, looking at his long fingers as he turned the pages of the book. Then he realised he was being a creep and stopped, mentally smacking himself.

He let out a small sigh and decided to just claim his own bunk, falling back onto it. He stared up at the large metal frame holding the other mattress in place, willing for it to give him some sort of entertainment. It didn't.

Just as he was about to slip into a doze, the bed above his rocked side to side and a head popped up over the edge. Sam looked over, startled, to find his cellmate leaning over the edge of his own bed and grinning down at him.

"Hey! So we never formally introduced ourselves, I'm Noah" he stuck out his hand for Sam to take.
Sam was slightly confused. This guy seemed pretty quiet and like he kept to himself when he first arrived, and now he wanted to be buddies?
He shrugged the thought away and stuck out his own hand, shaking 'Noah's' freckled one. 

"Sam" he smiled back politely.
"Well, nice to meet you, Sam" Noah smirked, before letting go.
"Ditto" Sam nodded.
The room was quiet once again, before the bed shook for a second time and Noah jumped down from his bunk, instead coming to join Sam on his.

"So, what're you in for?" Noah asked, seemingly more interested in Sam than his book now.
"Burglary" Sam grimaced, looking up at Noah.
Noah let out a low whistle "oof"
"Yeah.." Sam ran a hand through his hair "you?"
"Robbed a bank" Noah shrugged.

He seemed so, well, casual about it. Sam tilted his head at him, confused. Noah looked back at him, also confused.
"You can't seriously be judging me, burglar" he raised an eyebrow, smirking again.
Sam shook his head, wincing at the term Noah had used. He wasn't proud of what he had done.
"It's just... how are you so nonchalant about it? I've been thinking about what I've done constantly from the day I did it"
Noah 'hmm'd, before answering.

"I needed cash. I gotta do what I gotta do is all, it's not like I hurt anyone " he replied - then frowned "badly"
Sam nodded, looking down at his hands which were intertwined on his lap. He could feel Noah's gaze on him, but pretended not to notice.
The cell was silent once again. Sam felt as though he should say something, but didn't know what to say so he just stayed quiet. Noah, on the other hand, did.