chapter eight

Sorry for the cliffhanger hahahahaha

Hopefully this chapter makes up for it??

Anyway the boys are free!1!1 the world is their oyster or whatever lmao

As always, comments and votes are appreciated and let me know if you see any grammar/spelling errors and I'll fix them.

Enjoy!

----------

"Sam?"

Sam's world came crashing down around him. His eyes burst open and he shoved away from Noah (who seemed slightly offended). He whipped his head around to see his sister standing in the door way.

"Grace!" He hissed "how long have you been standing there?!"
Grace leaned against the doorway, arms crossed.
"Long enough to see you getting your face sucked off - hello to you, too, by the way"

Sam felt his face heat up and he pulled his sister into the room, closing the door behind her (they couldn't risk waking anyone else up).
Noah stood there awkwardly, not really knowing how to contribute to the siblings' discussion.

"What are you doing home anyway? You get let out early or something?" Grace questioned, sitting on his bed.
Sam rubbed the back of his neck, looking at Noah then back at her.
"Something like that"

Realisation seemed to register on Grace's face and her eyes widened.
"Sam! Don't tell me you broke out"
"Shh, shh!" Sam hushed her "....don't tell mum"
Grace sat there, mouth hanging open.

"You- Sam, you could get in serious trouble for this"
And that's when Noah decided to intervene, stepping forwards.
"With all due respect- uhh, Grace, was it? It was my idea to break out-"

Grace glared at him.
"And you" she jumped up off the bed, pointing a finger at him (which was quite comical, he was over a foot taller than her) "stop being a bad influence on my brother!"
Noah put his hands up in front of him, ushering her to calm down.
"Woah there little lady, I ain't been nothing but kind to your brother-"

Grace scoffed, arms folded "I can see that!-"
"What's up with you, Grace?!" Sam snapped. She was never usually this rude, especially to someone she'd just met, or to him.

Grace's face crumpled and she looked down at her feet. Sam immediately felt guilty. She started sniffing and- was she crying?
"It's just-" she wiped her nose with her arm (ew) "I've missed you"
Sam felt like his heart had shattered into a million tiny pieces and he stepped forward, crouching slightly and pulling her into a hug.

She sobbed into his jumper for a while, making the material wet. Sam hugged her back tightly, although he was managing to fight off his own tears.

"I've missed your stupid jokes, and-and when you help me with my homework, and" she hiccuped and Sam hushed her.

He'd missed all of them so badly, and just knowing how his absence had effected his sister alone was enough to make him feel an overwhelming surge of guilt. He felt terrible.

The two of them had both seemed to forget about Noah's presence, though, as they jumped when he cleared his throat.

"So... Sam. We should probably... get going"
Sam faced him and glared, but decided that Noah was right and pulled away from his sister. She wiped at her eyes before taking a few deep breaths and managing a small smile.