chapter ten

Hey so it's still technically Friday even though it's midnight in an hour but whatever lmao (soz for being slow on updating I just forgot to proof read)

Also if you get confused, the first part of this chapter is Sam's dream and doesn't actually happen lol - don't laugh at my attempt at slight gore okay it sucks and i know it.

Like always, votes and comments are really appreciated, and tell me if you see any grammar/spelling mistakes and I'll change them.

Enjoy!

----------

Sam's eyes flew open. He was... in a house?
He brought a shaking hand up to his head, noticing it was coated in blood. His other hand held the source - a dripping red knife.

Shocked, he lifted his gaze to the room he was in. It was the house he and Nathan had broken into all those months ago. He attempted to turn around and check the rest of his surroundings, but his body felt stiff like he wasn't in control.

Then he was moving.
Up the stairs.

It was almost as if his body was moving on autopilot and all he was able to do was sit back and enjoy the show. Although he wasn't enjoying it in the slightest.

His legs took him to a door - the woman's room. The one who he had pushed and watched as she fell. And he saw the same woman in there, face stained with the same fear only this time she was cowering on the floor.

Over her stood... himself. He watched himself standing hunched over opposite to her. He- his double?- was holding the same knife that Sam had in his own hand.

Then other Sam was bringing the knife up, and Sam knew what was about to happen. He reached out, however his arms were both steel at his sides. He stayed fixed in his spot, unable to move. He watched himself in shock horror as he brought the knife down onto-into-the woman's chest, her screaming and writhing all the while. Blood spurted everywhere, staining the white sheets on the bed next to them. The sight was gut-wrenching.

The woman seemed to notice him stood in the doorway and reached out a stained red hand, her voice a mere panicked whisper, matching her maddened eyes.
"Help".

Sam was powerless, only being able to watch as other him gave the final blow with the knife and the woman's fear ridden eyes slipped shut. Sam could sense the hot tears streaming out of his own eyes.

He tried to call out.I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Although nothing was able to spill from his frozen lips.

Other him turned round and gave him a sickening grin, face splashed with red. He threw his head back and laughed manically before looking Sam dead in the eye and spitting out a single, vile word.

"Monster".

-

He shot up in bed, breathing heavily and shaking his head. He sniffed and notice actual tears running down his cheeks and dripping onto the duvet and he wiped them away with the back of his shaking hand.

Just a nightmare.

He took a minute to calm himself down, shaking the memory of the woman and his own tainted face.