chapter fourteen

Authors note-
Hey, so so so so sorry for the long wait!! It's just I have exams next week so I've been busy revising, and updating weekly has started to begin getting stressful so I just needed a bit of a break.

Updates will be every 2 weeks for a while, (maybe the next couple chapters) but I will hopefully go back to weekly soon!

Again, thanks for being patient.

As always, tell me if you see any grammar/spelling mistakes and I'll change them. Comments and votes are really appreciated!!

Enjoy :)

----------

The two of them kept driving until they came across a big town and found a place to stay for the night.

They both got showered and changed, and Noah suggested going to one of the clubs nearby, as a way to cheer Sam up.
"It'll be a laugh" he had said.

The town centre really was quite big, and they walked down a few alley ways and past apartment blocks before finally picking out a random club - which, was really full. They didn't have to worry about anyone recognising them, though, thanks to the shitty neon strobe lighting which made it hard to even focus on anything.

They got some cups and a drink of whatever and headed towards the corner of the room, leaning against the wall and looking out at the other people dancing, most of which were roughly their ages.

Noah downed his drink in one then scrunched the cup, then realised that he should probably reuse it and un-scrunched it.
Sam looked at the red liquid inside.
"What even is this?" He shouted over the music - some pop song.
"Dunno, tastes fruity though" Noah yelled back.

Sam shrugged and took a sip to discover that it actually tasted really good and gulped the rest of it down.

He didn't really know what to do with himself. He'd been to house parties, sure, but those were with people from his school that he knew. Now he was with a bunch of strangers with shitty lighting and booze. He looked to Noah, who shrugged before replying.

"Wanna dance?"

------
(A few hours later)

And they did. Noah had also had one too many red drinks and swayed side to side (this time Sam decided to space himself more, but was still slightly over tipsy).
Sam said he'd go get them both another drink, leaving Noah to keep attempting to dance.

He stumbled around the corner and poured them both a cup, taking a sip of his own before turning back around to find Noah again.

He pushed through the crowds of people, heading in the direction to where they had been hanging out most the night.
However, he couldn't see Noah.

Sam frowned slightly. Maybe he shouldn't have left a drunk Noah on his own. He looked around a bit more before deciding to check the toilets, figuring he'd probably gone to puke or something.

He opened the door...nothing.
Sighing, he closed the door again and pushed his way back to the centre of the room, scanning for Noah. Where was he?

He made his way through to the centre of the room again before tensing up at what he saw. Or more like who.
Noah was there.
Kissing some brunette girl in a red dress.