chapter seventeen

Authors note:

The lads are on the way home woo (well Sam is anyway, Noah can see the girls' though,, probably lmao)

As always, comments and votes are really appreciated! Tell me if you see any grammar/spelling mistakes and I'll change them.

Hope you enjoy! :)

----------

"Blond?"

Noah turned to face Sam, who was looking at him in distaste. Noah could tell he was judging him. He arched an eyebrow.

"Yeah, Noah's going blond!....for like, a week" he started to exclaim, then trailed off at the end as he read the back of the hair dye box which read 'lasts five washes'.
"What colour are you going for then, Sammy?"

Sam ignored the nickname and held up his own box which showed a woman on the front with glossy brunette hair.
"Brown"

"Boooorring" Noah dragged out, dropping his dye into the basket he had picked up. Sam rolled his eyes and dropped his own box in as well.
"Well, you said natural colours. I'm not gonna dye my hair black and look like some wannabe emo kid"

Noah snorted at the thought and wiped the grin off his face.
"Okay, okay, yeah - let's pay for this shit"

They had driven until they found a shopping centre and decided to find some stuff to 'disguise' them well enough to go back to Sam's home town. So far they had hair dye, although Sam refused to use contacts because he 'didn't want that shit near his eyes'. Noah then suggested sunglasses, which they'd also have to get.

Noah was leading the way to another shop (most likely to find some hats or something) when he stopped outside a shoe shop and grinned mischievously before walking in. Sam followed behind him, slightly confused.

"Why do we need shoes?"
Noah was scanning the isles as if he was picturing a certain pair of shoes in his head. Sam stood with his arms crossed, tugging his hood higher over his head, as it had started to droop.

Then Noah emerged from behind the isle with a pair of white laced, black platform plimsoles. Sam raised an eyebrow.
"And you need those, because?.." he questioned, eyes drifting down to Noah's perfectly fine olive green trainers, which he was currently wearing.

"Not for me, for you" Noah rolled his eyes "they're platformed"
Sam tilted his head and gestured with his hand for Noah to elaborate.
"If you're taller, you'll look even less like yourself, duh"

Sam gave him a blank expression before sighing and caving in.
"Fine, yeah, whatever" he didn't exactly see the point, but decided to just let Noah have this one "are you getting any?"

"Pfft, no. I'm tall enough already" Noah replied, then gave a thumbs up before pulling some notes out of his pocket and going to pay for them. Next on the list was sunglasses. Sam groaned at the thought. They had been out for hours already and his feet were starting to ache. Noah jogged back over to him and grabbed his sleeve, pulling him along.

Sam hated shopping.

------

Noah loved shopping.

He was pulling goofy faces in the small mirror provided on the sunglasses rack, trying on multiple pairs of said sunnies. Sam had just picked out the first pair that caught his eye (black avatar ones) and was now waiting on Noah, while picking at his nails.