chapter twenty

Authors note:

Last chapter!! Oh boy haha. I've added a little note at the end so I'll talk more about it there instead of rambling here.

Like always, votes and comments are really appreciated! Let me know if you see any spelling/grammar mistakes and I'll fix them.

Enjoy :)

----------

As they were on the way to the girls, they passed a building that Sam was all too familiar with. He stopped, also stopping Noah due to their linked hands.

"One last thing before we leave" he said, pulling his hood up and putting his sunglasses on - cctv. He instructed Noah to to the same and lead them both into the apartment complex. Noah spoke up, confused.

"Sam, what are you doing?" He asked with a yawn. Neither of them slept overly well or long the night before - he was looking forward to crashing at the girls' flat for a few nights.
"I just wanna do something I promised myself I'd do along time ago" he smirked, and the two of them got into the lift.

"Okay..." Noah replied. Sam pressed for the third floor and the lift jolted to life, still not having been updated after almost a year. The doors opened again and they were welcomed by a familiar (well, to Sam) brownish carpet. They walked along the carpet until Sam stopped in front of a door and pounded on it.

Noah was confused beyond words at this point, and only waited and watched. Then a dark haired man opened the door, glaring.
"Who the fu-"
Before the man could finish his sentence Sam had decked him on the nose, then grabbed him by the shoulders and kneed him between his legs. He then shoved him back into his flat and turned towards the lift, shaking out his hand.

Completely stunned, Noah followed and stared at Sam with wide eyes - then broke out into a grin when the lifts doors shut.
"I don't know who the hell that guy was, but Sam, that was awesome" he laughed, which caused Sam to join in.

"I..can't believe I just did that" Sam said in disbelief, running a hand through his hair "how did I just do that?!"
"Who was he, anyway?" Noah crossed his arms. The doors opened and the two of them swiftly left the building.

"That Nathan bloke I was on about" Sam curled his lip in distaste. He looked up at Noah. "After he caused me to get arrested, I told myself I'd punch him the next time I saw him, so..." he shrugged.

Noah laughed "remind me not to get on your bad side then". Sam rolled his eyes with a smirk.
"Well, my Dad did teach me how to throw a punch" he refrained on adding a 'before he left' (he didn't overly want to sour the mood - plus, he had sort of made up with his Dad now? Whatever).

Finally, the two of them made their way back to the girls' flat. By the time they got there it was about 10am, and Noah knocked on the door. The door opened to reveal Courtney, tired and still in her pyjamas. She waved for them to come in then retreated to her room, probably to carry on watching some show she was invested in.

Skye was in the living room eating leftover take out pizza from the night before, her short hair sticking up in all directions. She nodded at them.
"Hey" and that was that. No one in the flat seemed to care where the two of them went last night, which wasn't really a bad thing.

Noah led them to the spare room and collapsed onto the springy double bed, the mattress squeaking. He then pulled his hoodie off, Sam doing the same.
"It's too hot" Sam fanned himself, acting like any Brit when the weather reached over nineteen degrees.