chapter seven

Oof, this chapters quite long so sorry in advance if you prefer them shorter ¯\_()_/¯ (< I had to copy that from google ew)

Anyway, the boys break out!1!1!1! Also there's a surprise near the end ;))

As always, comments and votes are appreciated! And let me know if you see any spelling/grammar mistakes and I'll fix them.

Enjoy!

----------

They both decided to lay low for the next couple of days, not going out of their way to talk to any of the other inmates. Noah had deemed it best not to tell anyone else about their plan (not even Ross or Kyle) in case it got leaked to the guards. Noah had ordered Sam to especially 'keep his trap shut' around Jack.

Today was 'the day'.
They'd been talking about it for the past couple days and discussing tactics, and they had decided to just get it over with.

Sam had his shift after lunch, so when he was done all the inmates had to go back to their cells, anyway. Which was good, seeing as there was a smaller time frame for him to get caught.

"Where do I put the knife?" He had questioned Noah, while they were going over their plan for the third or fourth time (they had to know it off by heart, as Noah had stated).
"Just, stuff it down your pants" Noah shrugged "they don't search you, right?"
"They haven't yet, but who knows"

Noah groaned.
"Well, it's not like they're gonna grope you, Sam. You'll be fine"
Sam nodded, although he was still uncertain.

------

Well, the moment of truth had arrived.

Sam was in the kitchens, carrying out his shift. Jack, like usual, was nattering on about something which Sam didn't care to listen to (he had gone off the guy, seeing as Noah hated him so much, and just smiled every so often to be polite).

He looked around the room, watching as other inmates were chopping up food. There were various knives on the counters, Sam just had to grab one without being noticed. He'd have to wait until the end of the shift.

"Something on your mind?" Jack asked, and Sam snapped out of his thoughts.
He shook his head, putting a smile onto his face.
"Nah, I'm good"
Jack nodded, seemingly unconvinced but left it.

Sam was panicking. He'd never done anything like this before, and he was terrified of getting caught. Would they extend his sentence? Would he be put in isolation? What if he had to be put in a different cell, away from Noah?

He shook his head and took in some deep breaths, attempting to calm himself down. He just had to have some faith in himself.

He knew that the knives would be locked away at the end of the day, and he just prayed to all the Gods out there that they wouldn't notice one knife missing. Besides, they probably got checked on in the morning - and they'd be long gone by then.

The thought had him giddy, really. No more waking up in that cramped cell during the early hours of the morning. He was looking forward to a lie in. And a bigger bed. And some food that wasn't tasteless. He revelled in his thoughts until he realised that everyone was beginning to pack up, which meant it was his time to shine.

He said his farewells to Jack, explaining that he was going to stay behind to help clean up so he didn't have to stay. Jack nodded and left, although Sam could tell that he wasn't convinced.