CHAPTER ONE

MADMAX

~

I stared into the mirror, dull brown eyes stared back at me, holding so much emotion it was almost unbearable.

Could I truly control my powers? Ever since I used them properly that...that day, it's almost like I can't control them, like something is telling me to use them for evil, like it's pulling me into the deep end.

I sighed, turning away from the mirror and walked towards the door, grabbing hold of the knob, Turning it But stopping slightly when I heard my brother swearing "son of a bitch!"

I opened the door and walked towards the living room, where I found Dustin running around and searching the couch, for what I guessed was money.

I turned to see our mother watching Tv with the cat on her lap, the TV was switched onto the news channel, something about a police chase that went wrong or something.

"Another stupid penny!" Dustin exclaimed,he flicked the penny towards the door while our mother gasped "Dusty, watch it, you almost hit Mews."

"But he didn't." I spoke up, walking into the kitchen, grabbing a glass to fill up with water.

"Can I Please check under your cushion?" Dustin asked, Turing to look at our mom.

"Dusty." She spoke, giving him a 'not now' look.

"Mom, please? It's an emergency!" He exclaimed, our mother made a noise of complaint while Dustin mocked her. She stood up, taking her beloved cat with her.

I turned the tap onto cold and placed my glass under, watching as the water filled up the cup, I turned the tap off and raised the glass to my lips, taking a sip.

"love you, mom!" I head Dustin speak, before his footsteps hurried away from the living room, I shook my head gently and continued to drink my water.

"Eliza, come here, hunny." My mother spoke softly, I turned my head and stared at her, she beckoned me over with a smile on her face, her other hand stroking Mews.

I placed my glass onto the sink and walked over to her, sitting on the couch opposite her, I placed my head onto my hand and waited for her to speak.

"How are you?" She asked, I raised my brow but sat up straight, clearing my throat slightly.

"I'm fine." I looked down, messing with the bracelet on my wrist, something Mike had gave me from Christmas last year.