Snap!

That was a good movie. 'Mercury Rising' was what it was called. Really good. I liked it...

What was it about again?

I think I mostly enjoyed sitting on the couch with Seaton. He made popcorn and got me a coke and it was... nice. I really enjoyed it. I went home after that and didn't even bump into Charlie. Today was... relatively good.

I took a shower after I cleaned up the usual poker night mess and then went to sleep. I didn't even have a nightmare, how lucky am I? Then I woke up and felt... rather good too.

My first thought was 'I want to see Seaton'. I think I'm becoming obsessed, just a bit, but really, how can I not? I mean, he's the only person that's ever actually known about Alfred... and he helps me. He does it and doesn't ask for anything in return. I... I can't help but feel something about that.

Although, what that 'something' is, I'm not even sure.

-

When Alfred came into my room in the middle of the night on that following Friday, I knew what he wanted. It was time to cash in that favor. He threw a large plastic bag full of a bunch of tiny plastic bags filled with – with something that I don't even want to know. I get out of bed and throw on a shirt and a jacket and slip on my shoes.

"Dump out your backpack and put this in it," Alfred grunted and then left, probably to get his own stuff ready. I unzip my backpack and just pile all the papers and books onto my bed in a large stack and shake it a bit to make sure nothing's left. Then I put in the large plastic bag, trying not to look at it lest I truly think about what I'm about to do.

I swing the bag over my shoulder and go into the living room.

I look at the clock

Just after midnight.

Wonderful.

"Ready?" Alfred growls, walking toward the door with his own bag.

"Yes, sir."

I was lying.

-

I'll have nightmares about that alley forever.

It was dark and loud – but also hushed somehow – and everyone moved with a sort of stealth that was flawless, but also clumsy. Half of them were high, a lot of them were drunk, some were both, and the rest wanted to get drunk and stoned. It's illegal and I know it. It's a horrible thing to do, and I understand that.

I didn't want to do it.

I still did it though.

But I didn't want to. Alfred made me. But that doesn't matter.

Because I did it.

Am I a bad person for that?

-

It's New Year's Day, which means school starts up again soon, and I want to get as much time as I can to myself before being bombarded with class work, classmates and teachers. After discovering that I have a knack for selling drugs (apparently my age and 'innocent' face makes people trust that what I'm selling them is pure) I really don't want to think about it ever again.

But when I see Seaton I feel guilty.

"Littering is wrong."

What would he say about selling drugs?

I shouldn't think about that. I really shouldn't.

I sit on the couch and turn on the television, since I have nothing to do after making dinner for Alfred. There isn't anything good on, so I just stare at the screen until Alfred comes in and snarls at me.