Sore

Is it surprising or unsurprising that 'Nothing, sir' just didn't do it for Seaton? I'm not sure which. You can never tell with him. One day he'll yell at you and the next day he'll shrug and say 'okay'. Today was, apparently, the former.

"Nothing," He repeats, "Nothing? Nothing? Don't fucking mess with me Jayden, 'nothing' isn't some middle age guy saying to a sixteen-year-old 'I love to watch you walk'."

I feel the color drain from my face. I didn't know he heard that...

"I have good hearing," Seaton snaps and grabs a handful of my shirt, pulling me closer to him. I'm only tall enough to stare at his chin. "Look at me, Jayden."

I do so. Fuck, those eyes. I feel my entire body heat up, a smoldering feeling ghosting through my heart and flowing through my veins. He's much too close to me. Our stomachs are only inches away from touching each other. He's just staring down at me, face blank, but his eyes angry. He's much too close.

But I want him to be closer.

"I know him," Seaton says to me finally. I blink. What? No. Who, Charlie? You can't know him. "He's a known child molester. He just did time. How. The. Fuck. Do. You. Know. Him?"

How does he know that? What the hell? I don't say anything and Seaton glares down at me. His fingers tighten around my shirt.

"Well?"

I swallow hard and finally speak, "He – He's just a friend of my dad. He... plays poker with him."

So much for silence.

"He hurt you," Seaton snarls. "He said –what he said to you. He's going to fucking hurt you, or he already has. He's harassing you at least. What's he fucking done to you!?"

I flinch and close me eyes.

"Please, Charlie –stop! ...Ah...No, it hurts –please!"

"N-Nothing," I breathe, shaking my head.

"I said look at me you fucking liar," Seaton snarls, grasping my chin with his free hand and making me look up at him. I open my eyes and he...he's got the strangest look in his eyes, "What the hell did he do to you?"

"Nothing, I –"

"DON'T LIE!" He yells at me furiously.

"I'M NOT LYING!" I shout back, before I realize what I've done. I snatch myself away from him and turn around to –to –I don't even know. Run away? Where? To my apartment, where he is?

"Go to hell," He spits at me, and I can't even look at him.

All I can say is...yeah, you guessed it;

"Yes, sir."

And I start to the door. There's a tingling under my eyes, a burning sensation pushing tears up and over onto my cheeks. Where is Hell, anyway? I wonder if you could get directions from Information. I feel as though things are happening in slow motion. Why is this happening? I don't want to leave. I never wanted to leave. I want to stay. With Seaton, here, with only him and –

My wrist suddenly hurts as a strong hand clamps down on it and pulls me back just as I'm about to grab the doorknob. I'm spun around briskly and held tightly in a pair of strong arms. I realize, after a second, that I'm crying. Sobbing, really, into Seaton's shirt, and my eyes seem to be the only part of my body that's active. I can feel the heat from his hands on my back, holding me close.

I think I could die right now.

After a long moment in this incredible warmth, I say something, "I'm sorry, sir."