A Date to Remember

They didn't fire me, strangely enough.

Apparently Seaton explained... or something. Either way, I still have my wonderful job, which I'm just so, so happy about. But I have the week off. So I guess that's something.

The man, Craig, at the restaurant apologized... after Seaton threw him up against the wall and ordered him to, so he did. Mark was helping me during the panic attack. He's had them before, just because he's a nervous type of guy, and knew what was happening to me.

I took a few days off school and Mr. Spencer sent back my homework. Seaton thinks he knows what the attack was about but wants me to tell him about it anyway. I don't, though. I just tell him I'm tired and I want to go to sleep and accepts that. He doesn't want to push me, at least in things like this.

I've been sleeping a lot lately.

And with that sleep comes dreams of Seaton. A Seaton that is fake and yet real, a Seaton that remains only in my dreams like some sort of sick fairytale.

Only I'm pretty sure Prince Charming didn't have wet dreams about another guy in the Disney version.

-

By the time I have my next appointment with Dr. Jameson, the people at work have all but forgotten about my freak out. The wife of Craig came to the restaurant to apologize and I just spouted a 'yes, ma'am' and stuttered a few words before she smiled and left. Homework is easy and little bit annoying. I've spent most of my life not doing it, obviously. But I got an interim report and my grades have raised from C's and D's to A's and B's. Mr. Spencer is proud of me because of it.

On Wednesdays, before work, I hang out with Suki, Corin and Linda. They're... themselves. As always.

I think about all of this when Dr. Jameson asks how the passed two weeks have been, but I don't say any of it out loud. I fiddle with my cell phone, which Mr. Spencer got me, and remember how Linda programmed a bunch of numbers in, from Seaton's cell to Jacob's (how she got his number I'll never know) and hers, Suki's, and Corin's. Corin had a bunch of numbers. He's got a cell phone, a beeper, blackberry and... a bunch of other crap I don't really pay attention to.

"Jayden?" Jameson says when I'm silent for a while.

I just look up and then at the clock. It's only been five minutes. I don't want to stay here anymore. I really don't, and I think she can see that.

"You know, Jayden, you don't have to stay here if you don't want to," she says to me, brushing a strand of hair out of her face. I look at her blankly, thinking, seriously? "You can leave whenever you want."

"Oh," I blink, "Yes, ma'am."

"Do you want to leave?" She asked, and then winced slightly at her 'yes or no' questions.

"Yes, ma'am."

"All right," she nodded, "You can go. I'll see you next time."

"Yes, ma'am," I repeat and stand up, shoving my hands in my pockets as I walk out the door, and down the hall and over the ugly carpet and out into the waiting room.

"That was fast," Seaton says when I approach him, "Brat..."

"I don't feel good," I say, looking at the ugly carpet instead of Seaton. Carpets are a safe place to look at when everywhere else is questionable territory.

He puts his hand on my back and leads me out, "All right then. Just don't mention this to Spencer or I'll get it, and you know he's annoying whenever he's angry."

I just nod and climb into his truck.

The ride home is short, and when we get there, he orders Chinese. He really loves Chinese and he hates sushi (which I learned about three weeks ago), and he really loves his sister. She came over a few times, but usually it's whenever I'm not home. Carley seems to like me. It's weird, because I don't really like her all that much but I guess she's growing on me.