Escape from hell

T/w swearing, homophobic terms
Johns pov

Welcome to college. These are arguably the greatest and worst years of your life at the same time. I'm John Laurens. Pleasure to meet you. I'm a sophomore at Kings College. Two days until the end of summer and boy am i looking foreword to getting out of the hellhole that is South Carolina. Don't get me wrong, school sucks, but my family is even worse. Trust me. Take now, for example.

"JOHN!!! GET YOUR FAT ASS INTO THE CAR THIS INSTANT! WE ARE LATE!"

"C-coming Dad."

" STOP STUTTERING, YOU FUCKING WORTHLESS F*GGOT BEFORE I BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU"

Doesn't he know I've had this stutter my whole life and i can't really control it?

"Y-yes d-Dad. Sorry! Yes, sir"

He used to be okay, until two years ago. My mom was killed in a hit-and-run and he snapped. Started drinking, getting high, beating me and my siblings. Shit really hit the fan last year when i came out as gay. The beatings got worse. Thankfully my siblings were taken by CPS last month, and I'm off to New York enrolled in Kings College. I can't wait! As i stare out the window of the old car, i start to drift off...

"WAKE UP JACKY, WE'RE HERE"

"Mmf.."

SMACK! My left cheek explodes in pain as he 'wakes me up'. I roll out of the car and fall on the ashphalt. I taste blood. My dad leans in. I smell booze on his breath.

"Let's get one thing straight, Jacky. When you come home, you'd better have a girlfriend or you will wish you had never been born."

I pick up my suitcase and turn to face him.

"Oh I'm s-sorry, i already do. And, let's g-get one th-thing g-GAY here. Y-you can't ch-change my sexuality. G-goodbye."

And i turn and sprint away before he can say anything.

A/n i do not wish to offend or trigger anybody if i did i am so sorry. Also this is my first work pls don't judge me too harshly *hides*