Is John Okay?

John's pov

I wake up in my empty dorm. Confused, i try to remember how i got here, and what happened yesterday. I look down at myself. Same clothes, same hair, same bandages wrapped around my wrist. Wait. Bandages? Suddenly it all comes flooding back.

It looks cute on you. JOHN!! 1,2,3,4,5,6 cuts. Do you wanna go back to your dorm? Please stay.

GODDAMN IT! I've been clean for a month, to have it all thrown away during a depressive episode. Alex. I told him to stay. Jesus he must think I'm mental. He left me here alone. Why me why me?? He knows. Laf must have told him. Oh god. I can't face him. I can't go to class. I walk out of my room to see a note in the counter.

Hey John! I hope you are feeling better. If you ever need to talk I'm here. Looking forward to seeing you in class!
-Alex (XXX-XXX-XXXX call me ;))
A/n I had to change it i don't want to get in trouble

I sigh and sit down at my computer.

To: washingdad@KC.com +5
Subject: class

Hey, it's John Laurens. I will not be attending class until further notice due to mental health. If you would be so kind as to send assignments to me that would be great. Thank you.
John L

And there we go! I now don't have to see anyone. I need a break.

Alex's pov
John hasn't been in class for the past three days. I hope he's ok. I'll ask Laf. He's over there.

"Laf! I need to talk to you."

He turns around. "What is it, mon ami?"

"Do you know where John is? He hasn't been in class and I'm worried."

He gulps, looking guilty. "I can't really tell you anything, except that he's safe. Don't worry."

I don't like the sound of that. Fuck this. I'm breaking into his dorm.

I walk across campus, trying to remember where his dorm was. This time, I can't text Laf and ask. It was near the art building, I remember that, but where exactly? 17...1-1-17...1789? No, that doesn't sound right. 1776! That was it! I take a deep breath, steeling myself for my mission, and look down at my skirt. Purple today. My favourite. It gives me strength, and I walk up to the door and tentatively knock.

John's pov

I hear a knock at the door.

"I already told you, Laf, I'm fine!"

"Uh... it's not Laf. It's Alex."

I groan. I really don't want to have to deal with this right now. I sigh and open the door. He's standing there, hands at his sides, in a purple skirt. Why does he wear a skirt? It's fucking weird as hell. Don't get me wrong, he looks fine, but it's the only feminine thing he wears. I don't understand.

"Hey, John. I was just coming over to see if you were okay. I'm really sorry about what happened last time. History has been boring as fluff without you."

"H-Hey Alex. Yeah, I'm fine. I-I just had to take a break f-for my mental health." God, I hate my stutter. He nods.

"I understand."

I try and break the awkward silence. "So.... why d-do you wear skirts all the time?"

He blanches. "I..... uh.... I d-d....... n-no.... I.."

Shit "O-oh sorry! Forget I asked."

"No, I get it. I'm not ready to talk about it though."

"Okay. So who are you roomed with?"

He wrinkles his nose in disgust. "Charles Lee. Idiot. I'm gonna try and switch dorms. You?"

"Nobody. You'll probably get put in here, though."

He grins. "I'm fine with that. Well, I should probably head. See you in class tomorrow?"

I decide then and there that I'm going back. I look up. "Yeah."

A/n THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 800 READS!!! ILY!!!