Finding The Turtle Boi

Quick A/N. Look at this art. Look at it. It's so amazing i love it. It was made by Itz_Taye go check her out! 11/10 it's friggin beautiful I love it. Thank you!!

T/w mentions of abuse and self harm.

Alex's pov

Laf and i ran side by side through the middle of campus. I turn to Laf.

"Okay, i think the logical thing to do would be to split up at this point. You take east, I take west?"

"D'accord. But, i think you should know a little about what's going on so you aren't shocked if you find him and you have an idea of how to calm him down."

"Okay, but if it's personal you don't have to tell me..." of course i was curious but if it's too personal i understand why John wouldn't want Laf telling me.

"Non, but that is very nice. John instructed me and Herc to tell somebody who helps if this happens."

"Okay... go ahead."

"So, John grew up in a very homophobic society. He is gay, so that didn't-"

"HE'S GAY??"

".... oui"

"Ohmygosh i know why he ran off! So he was really nervous but i made him smile and i said it looked cute on him and then he zoned out and ran!"

"Oui that would do it. Now, can i continue?"

"Yeah, Sorry"

"Okay"' Laf said, speaking faster, " so he's gay in an extremely homophobic society. When he was thirteen he developed depression. His parents found out and were very supportive of him. Especially his dad. He got the pills and the therapy and whatnot, but then his mother died around two years ago in a hit and run. His dad started spending the money that he used to get help for John on alcohol and drugs. Then John and his siblings started getting beaten. John came out about a year ago and his dad flipped his shit. CPS thankfully took Johns siblings, but John only managed to escape to come here."

"My god."

"Johns usually very open and proud of being gay but his depression medication is running out. He's started getting relapses and episodes. They're getting more and more frequent. If you find him, he may have self harmed. Take these bandages. Try to calm him down. If we don't find him in an hour then we go back to class. Deal?"

"Deal. See you." We run in opposite directions. I dash through the courtyard into the biology building. He's nowhere to be seen. I head back to the history building to look one last time. I check everywhere but he's nowhere to be found. I turn the corner and see an old bathroom. I walk him and see him collapsed on the floor, blood in the sink and a blade beside him. Fuck.

"John!" He looks up looking terrified.

"Fuck! I-it's not what it looks like! D-don't hate me pl-please"

"I don't hate you. Laf told me a little. I'm sorry for saying what i said. I had no idea."

He shrinks into the corner. "It's n-not your fault. I-I'm Sorry."

"Don't be sorry. Let's get you bandaged up." I tentatively pick up his arm. He winces. I put it down and gently bandage it. "There. Do you wanna go back to your dorm?"

"Y-yes please..."

"Okay. Let's go." We walk back to the dorm and he immediately curls up in his bed staring into space. "Do you want me to go?"

"N-no please s-stay."

"Alright." I sit in a chair by the bed and he falls asleep pretty quick. I sigh. Some first day, huh.

Wow thank you all so much for almost 600 reads and 50 votes!!!?! Last chapter I was celebrating 300reads and 20 votes and now we've jumped to almost double!! You guys are insanely amazing and i love you all!!! Thank you thank you thank you!! Anyway thank you again and i shall communicate with you all later!

-s ❤️❤️❤️