Storm Chapter, Yo!

John's pov

After we get back into the dorm, Alex gets into his bed right away. A little strange, but whatever. I walk into the bathroom and starts to brush my teeth because, y'know, oral hygiene is important. Anyway, as I'm brushing my teeth, it starts to rain. I check out the window and it looks like it's gonna storm. I smile, as rain usually helps me sleep. I finish up in the bathroom and walk out into the bedroom. Alex is asleep, facing away from me. Suddenly there's a crack of thunder and the power flickers out. I jump, surprised. Grumbling, I root through my bag for my emergency stash of candles. I would use my phone flashlight, but my phone's about to die. I light the candle and place it in the table between our beds. Pulling out a book, I start reading.

~half an hour later~

I finish my book and put it down with a sigh. I turn and look over at Alex and see him lying rigid, facing towards me, tears pouring from his eyes. He's muttering something that sounds like "I'm gonna die" Holy shit.

"Alex?"

No response. I walk over to him and wrack my brain as to what could be happening. Let's see... we came back from the lake and talked for a while, then he looked out the window and kinda tensed up. Then he said he was gonna go to sleep. Maybe it has something to do with the storm? I look back at him, and I realize he's having a panic attack. I slap my forehead. Come on John. It's so obvious he's having a panic attack. You've seen these like every week for a year with your siblings. It's been a while since I've had to deal with one of these, so I take a while to remember what to do. I walk over to his bed and sit down. Thinking back to those nights filled with my sibling's cries, I try and remember how I calmed them. The only thing I remember doing is holding them and singing.  Well, there is no way in hell that i am singing, but I'll try holding him.

"Okay Alex, uh, I-I'm gonna try this." It's highly unlikely that he'll hear me, but in case he does, I don't want him to freak out.

I carefully unwind him from the blanket and pull him onto my lap. Extremely conscious of what I'm doing, I wrap my arms around him and slowly rock back and forth. I'm probably blushing an insane amount right now. The rain drums on the roof and he shrinks back whenever it gets louder. I reach over and grab my wireless earbuds. Turning them on to some classical music, I put them in his ears. As soon as the rain is blocked out, he relaxes and seems to come back to reality. He blinks and looks up at me.

"Hi..." He says softly, turning red.

"Hey."

"Thanks" He turns towards the table and spots the candle. He jumps back in fear and starts to shake. "Fire...."

I look at him confused as he scrambles off of me and backs up against the wall. He puts his head in his hands.

"Do you want me to p-put out the fire?"

He nods vigorously and I blow out the candle. He creeps back towards me and curls up with his head on my shoulder.

"S-so are you gonna t-tell me what's going on?"

"No..." And with that he closes his eyes and drifts off to sleep, leaving me with the thought of What just happened?

A/n guys. It's been a week. HOW THE HECK HAS THIS BOOK JUMPED A THOUSAND READS IN SIX DAYS??? Thank you all so so so much this so crazy. Also, Spring Break starts tomorrow so I'll be updating more in the next two weeks. I love you all so much. Thank you again, and I'll see y'all in the next chapter!

-S ❤️❤️💙💙❤️❤️💙💙