Morning Of Class

John's pov

*BEEEP BOOOP BEEEP BOOOP BEE-*

I shut my alarm off with a sigh. 6:00 is too early to wake up, goddamn it! I struggle to remember why i set it in the first place. Oh right. Classes start today. Great. I roll out of bed and land on the floor with a thud. What a great way to start the day! I pull on some ripped jeans and my lucky turtle hoodie over a grey shirt. What do I have first? History with..... Mr. Washington. Okay, not too bad. I call Laf and ask if he wants to grab coffee.

"Bonjour John! What do you need?"

"H-hey just wondering if you wanted t-to get coffee?"

"Sûr!"

"Starbucks in fifteen minutes?"

"D'accord"

"Bye"

I hang up and go to the bathroom. Pulling my hair into it's regular low ponytail, i grab my keys and start walking to Starbucks. It's so early that nobody's out on campus. I'm about a block away when a kid who looks about 18 runs past. It was too dark to see their face, but I'm assuming they are female, as her pink '50s style skirt billows out behind her and her ponytail whips in the wind. She's holding five textbooks but is sprinting faster than I could. Damn. She must have superpowers. I walk into Starbucks and am immediately enveloped in the warm, coffee-scented air.

"Mon ami! Over here!"

I turn and see Laf with Herc and the Schuyler sisters at a table with coffee. There is an extra seat and i slide into it. There is coffee already at the table for me.

"Thanks guys! Oh, did you s-see that girl run p-past with all those textbooks?"

"Yeah", Laf said, "but I don't know if they are female. They had facial hair. Maybe gender fluid? It may be better to use the pronoun 'them' for now, non?"

"Ok". That's probably a good plan. Laf has instincts about these things that are rarely wrong. He predicted that I was gay before I knew!

"Are you guys ready for class?" Peggy asks.

"Ugh don't remind me." Herc says. "Speaking of which, John, don't you have class in ten minutes?"

I check my watch. Shit! How did an hour go by so fast?!

"Oh y-you're right!! I'm sorry, i gotta go!" And with that, i sprint to the History building. I slide into a random seat just as the bell goes. I look to my left and see a familiar figure bent down to pick up their pencils....

A/N oooh cliffhanger! Btw THANK YOU ALL SO SO MUCH FOR 100 ALMOST 200 READS!!! THIS IS INSANE AND AMAZING AND I LOVE YOU ALL ❤️❤️❤️❤️