CHAPTER 10

Sonya and Teresa stood in front of the barrel.

"Just so I'm clear, Why were you going around looking in barrels, while I was asleep?", Teresa asked.

Sonya let out a breath, "We were searching for more food...", She lifted the lid off the barrel and dropped it to the ground, "The bread loaves which we took from the store...It's depleting, you know... There's loads of us and we're hungry."

Teresa's stomach growled, instantly. She groaned, "Speaking of which, I'm actually hungry. Haven't had anything to eat all day. Do we have something to eat?....But if the stock is really low, I can suppress my hunger..."

Sonya shushed her, "Say no more. I'll get you some bread.", and walked away from Teresa.

Teresa looked down inside the barrel and trained her eyes on the vast types of guns in it. Machine guns, Bullpup rifles, Snipers, Many types of pistols, Magazines, Bullets, Shotguns, AK-47 rifles, even some hand grenades...Minho was right. The barrel stored supplies enough for a mini-army or something.

Teresa dug her hand inside and took out a pistol. She recognized it as a M1911. She admired the metallic blue color of the gun, before digging further inside for its magazine. When she got one, she fed the gun and loaded it.

Teresa felt the burden of the responsibility creeping up on her more and more. She had to find the way out or else everyone will die. She closed her eyes, thinking about Ava Paige as if that would clue her in on where the flat trans lay.

When she opened them, she saw Sonya standing in front of her holding two bread slices in front of her. She sighed in relief at the sight of food, and transferred the gun to her left hand,saying, "Thank you..", She got the slices from Sonya.

Sonya simply shrugged and started going through the barrel. Teresa shoved a slice in her mouth, suddenly feeling hungrier than ever. She turned around, and saw Thomas and Minho talking something. Teresa sighed, she wanted so badly to ask Thomas if he really had apologized to her, but if he hadn't, Teresa would be more than just embarrassed. She would be so disappointed that Thomas still hadn't felt the need to talk to her and clear the air between them... despite her wanting anything but him to be safe, always.

She devoured the last piece of the bread, turning to Sonya who was loading an assault rifle.

"M16..Good choice.", Teresa said, crumbs of bread falling out of her mouth. She immediately covered her mouth.

Sonya, who hadn't noticed that, asked, "You know guns?"

Teresa took a moment to swallow down the bread wholely. She then said, "I know a little."

Sonya looked impressed. She ducked down and took a bottle of water, from near her foot. Teresa hadn't noticed the bottle and she guessed that Sonya must have brought it with her, when she got bread for Teresa.

She accepted it and took a few gulps before handing it back to her.

"Let's go, shall we?", Sonya said.

"Yeah", Teresa said, looking down, glum.

"What's wrong?", Sonya asked.

Teresa wasn't really looking forward to going out again. Especially after that crank who recognized her. Especially after she got the feeling that she knew him from somewhere, too. But she couldn't tell that to Sonya. It wasn't because she didn't trust Sonya. It was because Sonya was truly good to her. She didn't want to say or do anything to raise suspicions.

"Nothing...", Teresa lied, "I'm just wondering what'll happen if I am not able to find it."

"Hey... Don't worry. You'll find it. You'll find it and we'll all get out of this hell hole.", Sonya comforted her.

Teresa sighed and nodded, "Let's go..."

_____________________________

I promise, the next chapter will be an interesting one !! I first wrote this and that together...But then, I felt it was too long..So, I split it into two..

See u guys soon with the next chapter which I probably will upload once this fever decides that it's fed up of me and moves on from me 😂

P.S Have I ever told you, I hate being sick...🤔