Ch. 3

Phil's POV
I got out of the hospital yesterday. They told me I had been in a coma for a few days. Apparently I had put myself under to much stress, or rather my parents put me under too much stress. They force me to run a minimum of three times a day everyday, twice when I'm sick. I'm surprised my body didn't give up sooner. The doctor told me my body collapsed and as I fell I sprained my ankle and shatters 3 bones in my foot. They said I shouldn't put any force on it for a while and they check back with me in a few months and update me on when I'll be able to walk on it again.

Mother: You're so weak! Can't even finish a race!

Father: Do not pester the boy he just got out of a comma let him rest.

Mother: You're weak just like you're father.
My mother walks a head of us to the car leaving my father to help me.

Father: Are you ok? I saw the fall It looked pretty bad.
I nod my head.

Father: I think you should take a break from runner.
I look up at him with a mix of surprise and joy.

Phil: W—What about mom?

Father: Don't mind her she's just—just—err—

Phil: A bitch.

Father: (laughs) yeah.

Phil: ....Dad, w-why did you marry her?

Father: ......because...because I was—am weak. I was too afraid to say no.

Phill:...

Father: Do you need help getting into the car.

Phil: No I got it.