Ch.16

Phil's POV
I awake with a start and sit up painting. I had a nightmare. Dan was there. He was holding me. Comforting and encouraging me. I felt something. Happiness. Confidence. Love. I finally felt— Ding! My phone goes off signifying a new message. It's from Dan.
"Hey where are you?"
Wait...I look up at my clock. It's 6:30!
"Oh god I'm sry! I fell asleep I'll be there soon."
"Oh ok I'll see you soon x"
What a kiss?
"See you soon x" I guess since he did it I can.
I spring out of bed and sprint towards my closet. I grab a large yellow Jake the dog hoodie and a pair of black skinny jeans. I sprint into my bathroom and throw on the hoodie over my T-shirt and slip on the jeans. I lookin the mirror and fix my hair moving my long black fringe further into my face. Luckily my hairs naturally straight so I don't have to straighten it. I take out my phone to text Dan to let him know I'm on my way.
"On my way."
I grab a pair of black and white sneakers and head towards the door.
"Where are you going?" My mom inquires.
"No where." I snap back at her and race out the door before I can even hear her response. I hear her muffled yells but I continue walking. I hail a cab because I don't have enough time to walk. I step into the cab and greet the driver and tell him the address. We're there in less than 8 minutes because it's not that far from my home. I pay the driver and step out of the car. I head towards the pizza shop. I see Dan standing in front of the store. He doesn't notice me until I get a little closer. He looks up and we lock eyes.
"Hi"
"...hey"