CHAPTER 1

*WARNING!!! I WROTE THIS FROM AGES 11-12. DO NOT JUDGE. ENJOY HOPEFULLY!*

CHAPTER 1

While our kid plays in the meadow, Peeta and I sit on the grass, holding hands. We stare at our beautiful child. She tries to chase the butterflies until they spread their wings and fly away into the dusk sky. Our child's name is Rose and she is a typical 6 year old girl.... curious and playful. Rose always mocks Peeta and I to have another kid because she wants someone to play with. As I watch Rose chase another butterfly yet again, I rest my head on Peeta's shoulder. He wraps his arm around me and give me an affectionate squeeze, then he caresses my back. I can't help but smile at this perfect moment. The only way it could be better is with Prim, watching Peeta and I live our lives happily. She would be thrilled! For some reason, she liked the way I had some boys swooning over me. I guess it was just like an amazing thing to her.

In my daze, I just notice that Peeta was facing me, his blond curls moving in the wind. His blue eyes showed interest and i could tell he was looking me over, but he doesn't try to hide it. Sometimes he could be just so cute! I move a delicate curl from his eye and look into his eyes. He has the same desperate look in his eyes like when we were in the cave in the first games and the beach in the second. I squeeze his hand and put my head on his forehead, our noses touching. About a cenimeter away was his lips.

"I love you, Katniss."

"I love you too, Peeta."

At the A part in his name, since my lips part, I break the short distance we had from our lips and put one hand on his chest, the other around his neck. Feeling his smile, I continue our kiss. I could stay like this for the rest of my life and i would bet he could too. Peeta is usually one to make a first move so I never ask for more because I know he will or won't, depending on the moment. We passionatley continue and I wrap my legs around him. His breathing is like a steady beat that I follow. When he asks for more from me, I am just about to open my mouth and I hear Rose.

"EWWWW! Mommy and Daddy are kissing!!!" She remarks with a grin up to her ears.

I break our bond and look at Rose. I can't help but giggle a little at her boldness. Peeta glances over at her too and smiles. Rose looks at us and we look at her, then she glances down, looking at our positions. I sneakily remove my legs from around Peeta and plant them in front of me.

"I saw that, Mommy!"

I burst out laughing! How could you not laugh at her? Peeta looks at me and laughs along. He gives me the look like we have been caught, and which of course, we have. I tuck stray strands of my hair behind my ear and confront Rose, my cheeks blushing.

"How long have you been standing there?"

With a michevious smile, she replies " The whole time!"

I didn't know how to respond, so i just asked her another question.

"Are you done playing, Rose?"

She nods and starts walking towards the fence. Peeta gets up and offers me his hand. I get up and he whispers in my ear, "We can continue later." I smile and nod because I had predicted he would say that. He is very persistent. Peeta and i walk in the same stride back to the fence, hand in hand.

"Would you 2 lovebirds just get in bed already and give me a playmate?!" Rose says.

I gasp and blush, but Peeta smiles and laughs. I can't beleive my 6 year old daughter just told us that! I am astonished!

"She's right you know!" Peeta says to me. Playfully slapping his shoulder, Rose climbs under the fence, not noticing Peeta's remark.

"Good thing she didn't hear you, because she would be scarred for life!" I say.

"Sounds like she is scarred for life already. It seems she has been spending too much time with Haymitch."

Smiling, I break our hands apart and climb under the fence. Peeta climbs through the same way I did and we quietly walk back to our house. Rose is already inside, laying face-down on the couch. I point her out to Peeta and he gives me a quick and gentle kiss. Almost about to laugh I motion Peeta to look at Rose carefully. Sneaking over, my hand brushes against her, but she doesn't flinch. Again, I motion Peeta to come over to me. He gets the gesture and walks over. I sit down and so does he. I lip the directions of my plan to Peeta and he understands. He nods. He brushes Rose's hair and she slowly looks up. I lean into Peeta and we passionatly share a kiss, waiting for Rose to look up. We purposly move close to her body so she would think someone accidently touched her. I open up my mouth and our kiss turns french. I shiver with pleasure and Peeta brushes her again, also putting his other hand around me. I place my hands around him and we wait.

"AHHHHHHHHH!" Rose cried. I fall forward into Peeta's lap, laughing and he is also laughing. Rose is DEFINATLY scarred now! She is speachless and runs gracefully into her bedroom. The reaction couldn't have been better. For the next couple of minutes, we laugh over the incident.

After our laughter had vanished, we head to bed. Peeta holds me in his arms and i feel safe. He kisses my head, then my forehead. I happily let him do so until he reaches my lips. I turn my head and face him.

"We need to talk." I say calmly.

Peeta looks super worried and turns all his attention to my eyes instead of my lips. I'm afraid that he thinks I mean I don't love him anymore! It's the exact opposite. I wanted to have another kid, but I didn't know his feelings on it. How do i come about saying this?

"Don't be worried. I love you more than you ever know! I've been thinking lately and I think Rose is right."

His face relaxes and he takes a deep breath. He looks upset or unhappy, and suddenly I feel uncertain. Why did I bring this up?

"Katniss, I think that's a great idea! Rose is a genius. I was going to talk to you about the same thing. I love you, Katniss." He closes his eyes and breathes steadily. He still holds me in his arms and inveloped in his warmth, I close my eyes and fall asleep.

________________________________________________________________________________

Funny how i'm only 12 and don't even have a crush, let alone a boyfriend and I can write these things! :3 VOTE! COMMENT! Please? :3

Peace, Love and Hunger Games,

Hannah <3