CHAPTER 30 ((quick death chapter))

Chapter 29 ((quick death scene))

I drop the phone and rush to see Peeta. His face is soaked with tears and Iris's face was soaked with paleness. I immedietly begin crying again.

"I-is she ... she-"

He nods sadly. I walk lethargicly over to him and motion to give me her limp body. I gingerly take her as if she could feel pain, and then put her in the grass. I kiss her cold forehead and brush her awkward hair from her face. It hadn't grown long enough to look right. I walk backwards slowly to a dandelion in our grass. A dandelion. A dandelion that means hope. A dandelion that means everything will be okay. A dandelion that means hope and that means everything will be okay. A dandelion in the spring. Peeta watches me closely as I tug the weed from its roots. I put the flower under her ear after wiping of all the teeny bugs I the petals. Bringing her forward, I sob into her shoulder. Peeta comes from behind and clasps onto my waist, giving me a hug from behind. After what seems like hours, we slowly being to move into the house with our empty body in my hands. I won't let go of her. Not now.

"Deep in the meadow

Under the willow

A bed of grass

A soft green pillow" I sing softly into her ear.

Her soul might not be in her body, but I know she can hear me. My body wracks in sobs before the lyrics can continue coming from my mouth. I put her gentley down on the couch. I stand up and Peeta comes running to hug me.

"It's okay Katniss. It's okay. She's alright. You're alright. We're going to be fine. Don't cry." Peeta tries to comfort with his shakey voice.

"B-but it's m-my fault she's gone! All my f-fault!"

"No it isn't. She isn't gone. She's right here."

He points at my heart. And I cry until my eyes can't conjure up any more liquid. Then, I sleep in his arms while it's his turn to silently ball.