CHAPTER 18

CHAPTER 18

"Let us welcome the star crossed lovers of district 12 and their daughter, Rose!"

Chering erupts and that's our cue. Somehow Rose knows that and walks out, waving to the crowd. I laugh. She's a natural and not shy, just like Peeta. The crowd cheers even more at her friendliness and Peeta walks out. I follow directly behind him. Rose is already sitting down, sitting right in the middle of the couch, still waving and blowing kisses to the crowd. She would have no trouble getting sponcers in the Hunger Games. The crowd is very surprised at her appearence and I laugh. Rose definatley belongs on stage. When we reach the couch, Peeta sits on one side of her, and I sit on the other. The audience begins to calm down and Caesar speaks.

"Well Rose, you made quite the entrance here!"

"Thanks, Caesar! It just felt right to do!"

"You have your father's confidence, eh?"

"I think so!"

"How old are you?"

"I just turned 7."

"Oh really? Are you aware about anything that has to do with a sister or brother?"

I nudge Rose secretly. She better not say anything!

"Uh, I don't know anything about a new sibling! Why? Do you know anything?" She says innocently.

Good girl, Rose.

"I was hoping you could fill me in! Maybe your mother can help us?"

"I'm sure she would be the first to know if she was having a kid!"

The crowd laughs as Caesar turns to me.

"So how about it, Katniss?"

"Um, I can't say anything quite yet about being pregnant, but it's a high possibility."

"Been hanging out with Peeta lately, huh?"

Caesar winks as he says it. I blush.

"Uhh, yeah I guess."

Rose chirps in, not afraid.

"You guess?! When are you NOT kissing Daddy? Wanna hear a story everyone?"

The crowd roars to life, giggling at her.

"Woah, woah, WOAH! Rose, people don't need to know about your father and I! Those things are kept secret!"

The crowd laughs at my urgency.

"A bit too far, Rose." Peeta says.

She sighs.

"But it's a good story!"

Peeta looks at the camera and says; " I'm not sure if I wanna know the story she wants to tell everyone!"

"Daddy! It was when I heard you and Mommy in your room and I started banging on the door like a gorilla! I thought someone was killing you guys! You both were moaning in pain! I thought a gorilla would scare them off ....."

I put my head in Peeta's chest and he drops his head to his lap. The crowd cat whistles and laughs very hard. Rose just loves pleasing the crowd without knowing she is. I feel her give off an award winning smile and I get the courage to look around. Everyone was staring at Peeta and I, laughing. I start to giggle a bit and work up bravery to talk.

"Thanks for letting Daddy and all of Panem know the story, Rose." I say sarcasticly.

She covers her mouth.

"Ohh!!! Sorry Mommy!"

"It's fine just .... NO MORE STORIES."

"But can I tell them about the time that you and Daddy were kissing and then you licked each others faces while I kept screaming at you guys that you weren't ice cream cones and then Daddy said that you were as sweet and yummy as one?!"