Chapter 24 | Part 2 - Crystal

She slowly undressed after her mother left and climbed into the cool water. She felt her temperature lower and turned the cold water off and the hot water on with her toes.

Relaxing into the water as it gradually began to warm, she smiled at her triumph and couldn't wait to tell Tiberius.

Where was he anyway?

Soon, the tub was a comfortable warm temperature and she turned the water off. Closing her eyes, she allowed her thoughts to roam to her dream with Tiberius. The way he cupped her face in his palms and gazed at her like she was the most important thing in the world.

She closed her eyes and cupped her cheeks in her palms, picturing him in her mind. Pressed her thumb on her bottom lip the way he had and tried to imagine the feel of his lips on hers.

'Goddess, what you do to me...'

She remembered how good it felt when he licked the place he would mark her. The way his teeth teased her flesh. Remembered the fire that surged forth when he rubbed himself between her legs.

Her hands trailed down over her breasts, picturing his human hands caressing her, and imagining the way it would feel to be touched in that way.

When? When could he touch her like this?

Her hands explored her body as she imagined Tiberius, flesh on flesh, taking his mate as any male would, and leaving her panting and her body alight in the pool of warmth.

She lay there, staring at the wall as her heart and breathing slowed and the jello-feeling of her muscles hardened.

The warm water grew cold before she climbed out of the tub. She felt stronger. Still not back to normal, but strong enough to stand, dry herself off, dress, and carefully walk from the bathroom to the kitchen.

She collapsed in a chair at the table, tired, but satisfied with everything she had accomplished on her own. Slightly out of breath, she glanced at the clock and saw that it was quarter to noon.

Her memory kicked in.

"Oh shit," she exclaimed. "We still have to meet the witch at noon."

"No, you don't," her mother said as she entered the kitchen with a folder and checkbook.

Crystal gave her mother a puzzled look as she took a seat across from her at the table and laid out her papers.

"The raven came again this morning and we postponed your meeting with her."

"Oh." That was a relief.

"And she will be meeting us in the pack land since it will be a little hard for Tiberius to go anywhere in broad daylight outside and not be seen by the humans."

"True," Crystal mumbled, her eyes scanning across the room to the pantry. Her stomach growled.

Her mother rose from her chair. "Hungry? What can I get for you?"

She shook her head. "Nah, Ma, I got it."

Her mother put her hands on her hips. "Cris, while I can appreciate your new-found drive and determination, you're still out of breath. Don't over-exert yourself. What do you want?"

She hung her head at her mother's scolding.

As her mother made her a grilled cheese and ham sandwich, she looked out the sliding back door to the backyard, hoping to catch a glimpse of Tiberius, but couldn't see him.

"Where's Tiberius?"

Ma sighed as she hovered over the stove, her back to Crystal, and didn't immediately respond. When Crystal was about to ask again, her mother said, "He asked for our help."