Chapter 36 | Part 2 - Tiberius

Tiberius stared up at the three-story packhouse buried deep within a forest as their vehicle slowly approached, its tires crunching softly on the loose gravel.

He never anticipated stepping foot onto Blauwald soil. It was oddly quiet and the wild, untamed nature of the woodland tugged on his senses like never before. It was something he'd never felt even in his homeland. The only thing close to it was when he was running wild, but his mind and senses were focused on one thing only.

Now that he had found Crystal and that need had been fulfilled, the wilderness that surrounded him now had his beast eager to jump out and explore every inch of the terrain. It called to him in an unspoken voice.

He and Crystal sat in the back seat of the Lancaster's Pack SUV with Brooke in the seat in front of them and Alexander behind the wheel and Rhonda next to him in the front passenger seat. Brooke couldn't turn down the opportunity to see her best friend and sister off to start her own life.

Again, a stab of pain struck him at the thought of his family turning their backs on him, but Crystal remedied it by snuggling up to him and pushing soothing feelings onto him through the matebond. Crystal's excitement was marred only by his conflicting emotions over the situation.

When they pulled up and parked, the members of the pack assembled in front of the house. Four males and two females—and to his great surprise, Amora was there as well.

Was this everyone in the Blauwald Pack?

How could Amora stand next to that male after everything he had done?

[Keep an open mind, T,] Crystal said, finally using the nickname his family used to call him.

His hands were clenched into fists and he released them as he exhaled slowly.

[I'll try,] he muttered—his mantra for the last two weeks.

Everyone climbed out and greeted the pack with open palms and bending their knees in submission to Amora—the last remaining lycan of the original four pairs created by the Moon Goddess thousands of years ago.

He'd never met Amora, but knew immediately that it was her for she was renown for her ethereal appearance, pale white skin and hair like the snow of the tundra she lived on for thousands of years.

Amora touched Crystal's head and then Tiberius' before they both rose to their feet. "I see a new path opening up, one that the Goddess Herself is shining Her light upon."

Crystal blushed, clutching to Tiberius' hand and stepping behind him.

He looked over his shoulder at her. [Cris?]

Flushed with heat, she peeked over his shoulder at the ancient female shyly. [She's so powerful...]

He slipped his arm around her and urged her to stand at his side. [Don't hide. You have no reason to.]

The petite female with golden blond hair was bubbling with excitement but held herself still next to that blond male with blue eyes that regarded Tiberius with apprehension.

"Thanks for coming guys," the Luna said. "Crystal, you're looking great! You're glowing!"

Crystal blushed a deeper shade of red. "Thank you, Luna."

"Tiberius, you're looking well," Alpha Stone uttered. He looked tense until his mate shot him a look with a raised brow.

He visibly relaxed and the rest of the pack followed suit. The dark-haired beta cracked his knuckles as a grin spread across his face.

Everyone shot the male a look before he busted out laughing. "Aw, come on? Just a little?"

The two females rolled their eyes and the youngest male shook his head disapprovingly, while the alpha and big buff blond male remained impassive.