Chapter 32 | Tiberius

Crystal's bodily responses to him and the matebond was pushing Tiberius over the edge. He thought it was hard to restrain himself during the new moon, but when his smell, his touch, and his every glance toward her elicited a reaction, it affected him too.

He didn't want to push her into anything she wasn't ready for—but her body was more than ready to receive him despite what her head thought.

Anxiety had the power to rule over a person's mind, he knew, and Crystal battled anxiety for years. It would not be easy for her mind to suddenly be prepared to receive him like her body was. The two were at odds with each other and had been for years.

Now that she accepted the feelings she had for him, he had to resist jumping her bones like an animal and wait for her to commit to the next step.

After breakfast, Crystal had her hair cut in an inverted bob. Her hair framed her face, cut just above her chin and was long enough to hide behind when she was embarrassed.

Tiberius' egotistical self made it his mission to tease her as much as possible when no one was around. He needed the distraction from her tantalizing lips, the smooth column of her neck, and slight curve of her hips.

She needed to get stronger. She needed more muscle, more meat on her bones, more courage in her heart, and more resistance against the anxiety that had nearly crippled her.

They set up a tent in the backyard to sleep in so that fresh air could sweep away their scent as they slept.

In the morning, Tiberius encouraged Crystal to shift. She needed practice. It wouldn't get faster and easier if she didn't do it over and over.

He was in awe of her wolf and brushed his fingers through her fur as he grinned.

She was beautiful. A glossy dark brown and black wolf with a white belly, white paws, white muzzle, and a white diamond on her head above her eyes.

He hoped his parents would love her as much as he did.

Well, almost as much as he did.

The things he couldn't wait to do with her...

He groaned as he rolled onto his back and stared up at the sky to clear his head.

Crystal's wolf head appeared over him, tilted to the side in question. Her blue-green eyes shifted from his to the tent he'd pitched in his pants and then back up to his with a grin.

He smirked right back. "Wanna give me a hand with it?"

Her ears pulled back and she quickly disappeared as he chuckled. A tongue swiped over his ear and licked playfully as he hollered out and rolled onto his stomach to try and get away. She went after him until he covered his head with his arms and groaned as he crushed his boner against the earth.

That did him. He laid there limp like a dead fish, unable to move until Crystal whined softly.

She shifted and ten minutes later, she was dressed and rubbing his back. "Are you okay?"

"That's the fastest you've shifted," he stated, instead of answering her question.

"Yeah, but... You're in pain."

"I'm fine. Remember, I heal fast. Besides, you were just playing. Shit happens."

Already feeling back to normal, he rolled onto his back and gazed up at her. The concern written all over her face tugged on his heart. Reaching up, he touched her cheek, sparks flying and warmth filled his palm as she blushed.

Goddess, she was so beautiful.

He was so whipped.

She hung her head, stinking of guilt.