Chapter 7

For days Sam was trying to get his friend back to normal, along with Poppy. Luck was not in their favour. He would shrug them off, walk away, ignore them and a lot of other things. Remus was also trying to get the young teenager to talk to him but he wasn't like his mother in that aspect, he was rather stubborn and not very subjected to revealing anything to anyone. 

His younger sister had tried to keep the younger twins out of knowledge, simply telling them that Ace was not feeling too well and would be right as reign in a few days time. Oh, how she wished that was true. Other students had picked up on this new Ace, he wasn't laid back and school-boy cool anymore, he was mysterious and hot. Even seventh years admitted that about him. Teachers had approached him, and he claimed everything was fine. It clearly wasn't.

This worried his parents. 

"What's that?" Asked Orion one morning as she ate her cereal with Fred. George and Angelina were visiting the Johnson's with Roxanne leaving Orion and Fred to run the shop, with the help of Lee and Verity, that day. "It's not another letter from Poppy is it?"

Fred didn't want to lie to his wife but he knew how badly she was taking the news of their firstborn acting out of the ordinary. She wasn't sleeping much, using charms to make her seem okay and fully rested but he knew her better than he knew the back of his hand. It was affecting him too but having Orion worry was making him feel even worse. Fred had promised her, the night that she got out of the hospital with baby Ace in her arms that everything would be just fine, it clearly wasn't. Thus meaning he lied. "No, just Charlie checking in." He stated and placed the letter back into the envelope and tucking it into his shirt pocket. 

Orion didn't believe him. She didn't say anything, not right away anyway. She finished her breakfast putting the bowl and spoon into the sink having them wash themselves before pulling Fred into a kiss. Instinctively, he pulled her closer by the waist and melted into the affection, frowning when she pulled away, taking the letter with her. She jumped up and tore the parchment from the envelope and scanned over the words. "Why did you lie?"

Fred scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, "I- you are already stressing enough, love, I didn't want this adding to it."

"I would rather know about our son than be kept in the dark, Fred." She replied, "But you are right, I am stressing a lot because I am worrying, he isn't like this. I don't think the whole privacy thing is just it. Maybe part of the reason, but there has got to be more." 

Fred stood up and placed his hands on her shoulders, "There might be, but right now, he is adamant about privacy and he takes after your godfather when it comes to his stubbornness, as we have just found out.  Let's give him some space and at Christmas, we will talk to him, just us three, Georgie can have the twins and Pops, or mum and dad. Everything will be alright, I promised you that, so I will make sure of it, baby." He pressed a kiss to her forehead wrapping his arms around her. 

"I hope you're right."

* * *

As much as privacy and space were what Ace craved in that moment, that was not was happening. A curvy Hufflepuff that goes by the name of Wendy Lionel had sat by him on a window seat, her finger running up his arm slowly. He had his earphones in and his hood up but his eyes trailed to her finger and followed it up to his shoulder. He found her eyes and she giggled. "I like the new you." She whispered, leaning closer to him. Fortunately, Ace could lip read as his music was too loud for him to hear her. He reached his hand up into his pocket and lowered the volume so he could still hear his songs and now her voice. "It's very hot."

Ace felt his ears heating up but thankfully the hood covered them. He nodded at her and went to walk away when her hands clasped around his wrist, she tugged him back round to face her, there bodies close. "I want you, I want you now." She murmured.

Now, Ace was a bit of a ladies man and heck he had kissed a few girls despite only being fourteen but never had he experienced a girl, whose name was the only thing he knew about her, her age was still unknown, talk to him like that. It sparked a fire in his veins and he pushed her into a wall, his lips attacking hers. The speed of the song in his ears paced their lips which hungrily fought each other, her arms wrapping around his neck, his hands resting on the wall either side of her head. Ace's hood was still up but Wendy didn't seem to mind, and neither did he. 

The heat of the kiss felt as if his anger and hatred was flowing from him like an electrical surge was pumping his blood. Okay, so maybe it wasn't because he liked her because he didn't. But the feeling of releasing some built up emotions was like a high to him, and he still wasn't in control. He didn't want to kiss her, but his body told him he did and forced him too. In fact, he opened his eyes part way through to see blue, red, green, orange and yellow sparks shooting from his fingertips. He jumped away, confusing the Hufflepuff. "What's the matter?"

"N-nothing." He said partly in shock and partly out of breath. "I just-"

"-Need to kiss me again." It was as if he was commanded to do so, his lips crashed onto hers once more and he didn't know why it was happening. Yet, what he did know was the sparks were back and his fingertips were like a firework.