Chapter 9

Fred was never one to get angry at his children, but Ace was really pushing his buttons. He ran a hand through his hair and turned away from the boy. Shaking his head, he didn't say a word and exited the room, the door slamming behind him.

Fred entered the kitchen shaking his head at his wife who looked at him expectantly. "I heard you guys shouting." She mumbled as Fred wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

He sighed, "I don't like doing it but it was the only way her would listen. Baby, he's even changed his hair colour. He's emotionless, the only emotion I saw was anger."

A tear fell from Orion's eyes as she placed her mug of coffee onto the table. "Have we done something to make him act like this? Have we not raised him right? Will Poppy and the twins soon follow his actions-"

"You aren't to blame, sweetheart." Said Molly sitting beside the pair. "He'll come round soon, you know how much of a family boy he is." She patted her son's back.

All of the adults in the family were affected by Ace's actions even if the children hadn't been back from Hogwarts for that long. Most of the children didn't notice the change in mood but the older ones and certainly his siblings and Roxie noticed.

Esme shuffled into the room, Elliot not far behind her and they backed up into the parents laps. Fred wrapped his arms around his youngest daughter as Orion did the same to their youngest son. "Mummy? Why is Ace acting weirdly? Did we upset him?" She asked.

"No, baby girl, you didn't. Ace is just being a grumpy teenager." Fred laughed tickling her sides even though he was hurting inside. Esme giggles and buried her head into Fred's chest.

"Poppy was crying yesterday, I saw her in the corridors. I don't think we are allowed in that corridor but I heard crying and found her. She didn't want me to say anything but I don't want her upset like Ace is." Said Elliot. "Sam is worried about Ace. He asked me if he was acting this way in the summer."

Fred and Orion both hugged their youngest children tightly, kissing their heads and placing them back on the floor. "Why don't you go play for a bit, I'm sure Roxie has missed you both so much!"

The twins ran off out of the kitchen just as Sirius and Fern entered their six year old daughter, Lola running off after the twins. "I take it Ace is no better?" Sirius asked.

Orion shook her head, "I might go talk to him."

"Are you sure that's wise? From the way he just blew up towards Fred?" Molly asked her.

"He's always been more of a mummy's boy, Poppy's a daddy's girl." Orion replied, "I shan't be long."

* * *

At first, Orion got the same reaction as Fred did. He was ignoring her, listening to music only this time his hood remained off of his head. "Sweetheart, you aren't having these back until you talk to me and tell me what's going on." She said taking the headphones and his phone from him. He went to protest but stopped when she held up her hand. "No. You won't be getting your way until you start acting you age and not like this."

Ace grumbled as his mother sat behind him. "Why can't anyone understand I'm fine!"

"And your father is a lawyer. You aren't fine, Ace. What happened to our little boy, the one who would never get angry at anyone? Who wouldn't miss a hug from anyone and wouldn't sulk around?"

"He grew up." The boy shrugged. "You know, it happens to everyone."

His mother shook her head, "less of the attitude thank you very much. Look, Ace, sweetheart, if you just tell me what's going on, I can help. What's wrong?"

"I can't." Ace mumbled looking at the wall beside him.

"Why can't you?"

"Because I don't know what's going on." His voice cracked. Orion instantly swarmed her son into her arms letting his head rest on his shoulders. "Mum, I really don't know."

Orion ran her hands through his hair like she used to do when he was small, soothing him. "Shh, it's okay. Is it privacy? Is it that now that all of your siblings are at school you feel restricted? Tell me what you think."

Ace clutched his mother's sweater, the wool balled in his fist. "I think so. I just feel like a bear squashed in a coat fit for a pug. If I do anything Poppy or Esme or Elliot somehow know, and then they tell you."

Ace was lying to his mother partly, his siblings bugging him with their nosey ness a bit. Yet the main reason he couldn't tell her. He would sound crazy and he didn't need that's  

"What about your new look? Why did you change your hair?"

He shrugged, "you can change your appearance at will and I like the idea of being brunette so I changed it." Ace lied.

Orion nodded, not asking anymore. "Why don't you get some sleep. I will wake you when dinner is ready."

Ace nodded and slid under the covers not caring that he was still fully clothed. Like she did when he was younger, Orion tucked him and pressed a kiss to his forehead, switching off the light before saying. "It still doesn't excuse the way you talked to your father, however."

Returning to Fred she sat on his lap resting her head on his shoulder. "Any luck?"

"Like is said, it's the whole privacy thing. To be honest I think it's just too much for him. We know he found it hard when it came to sharing a dorm with four other boys, he was used to be alone, and having lots of family at Hogwarts already that when Pops, Essie and Elliot came along, I think it is just too much for him." She explained.

Fred nodded, "I understand, but he has to get used to it. After all, he is fourteen. Privacy is all well and good but he needs to understand no matter what he does nothing will be one hundred percent private."

"I know." Orion sighed.

"What's he doing now?"

"Sleeping, I have confiscated his phone and headphones so hopefully that will help." She added, "I hate being mean."

Fern chuckled from opposite them, "You aren't being mean, your just using discipline."

"Yeah, but we have never had to do this to Ace. Poppy, yes, she takes after Fred in misbehaving  along with the twins but not with Ace."

Fred kissed her cheek, "I guess we'll have to get used to new things."