Chapter 16

Later that night, like every night, Ace and Sam were cuddled up in bed only tonight they were discussing the baby. Ace wasn't sure how he felt about having another younger sibling. With the pregnancy, it would unlikely that his mother would be able to help him with the problem that didn't seem to get better as the days went on.  They didn't get worse but they certainly didn't go away. At times it felt as if his chest was going to collapse as he become suffocated by the burden it caused but thankfully he managed to rid himself of it a little while later. 

Sam was thankful that Ace's hair was back to normal, he had missed running his fingers through the tight red curls and ruffling them to make them even fluffier. Of course, he felt that he looked great with straight dark hair but he loved the red curls even more. Ace rested his head on Sam's chest and listened to his heartbeat as Sam's fingers grazed his scalp in a relaxing manner. 

The muffliato charm was around Sam's bed so that their dorm mates could sleep peacefully whilst they talked about anything and everything. The curtains were drawn to give them more privacy and the boys' basked in the calm, serenity they had with each other. 

"Do you want another brother or another sister?" Sam asked. 

Ace pondered, he hadn't given it much thought because he was focussed on his 'issues' and trying to make himself feel better than he had been. Poppy was already a bit of a teenage drama queen and Esme had that to come. Elliot was... well, Elliot? There wasn't much to say other than that he seemed like every other Weasley boy. Perhaps having another girl in the family would be good because they have certainly been outnumbered but then again, Poppy, Victoire, Lucy, Roxie, Lily, Molly and Esme were already a bit of a nightmare despite some of them being very young still. "Probably a brother, too much oestrogen in the family already."

"Ace, man, that's... wow!" Sam scoffed jestingly, "another Weasley boy? Minnie'll certainly have a heart attack if your comment didn't make her keel over!"

"Oh hush."

"Did you just shush me?" Sam exclaimed incredulously.

Ace sat up and hovered above the boy. "Yes, I did." He said with a smirk, "problem?"

"Yeah, how rude that was!"

Ace sniggered, "suck it up buttercup," he loomed closer to Sam's face, "and shush."

Sam bit his lip and his eyes fell on Ace's slightly chapped ones before flickering back up to his eyes. Ace's breathing hitched as the two drew even closer. Sam, not knowing exactly what was happening, leaned his head up and his lips pressed to Ace's. Ace had his arms either side of Sam's head holding himself up as his lips danced with his. A rush of electricity flowed through his veins and he could feel his fingertips twitching, reading to spark and he screwed his eyes shut tighter praying that the sparks wouldn't come at that moment. 

They didn't. 

The kiss lasted a little while, Sam's hands making circles on Ace's waist and when they broke apart both of their eyes lingered shut briefly. Sam's eyes opened first and he breathlessly stared up at Ace who slowly let his eyes open and face his best friend. 

"Wow," said Sam, his ears glowing a deep scarlet like the curtains hung around his bed. 

"Did that just happen?" Ace whispered and climbed off of Sam, resting down on the mattress beside him. Sam nodded. "Jee..."

"It was... really good." This time Ace nodded. "It was nothing like kissing Erin Patel. Or Janice Goyle."

"I still can't believe you kissed Goyle."

"A dare is a dare, Ace, but looking back on it I'd much rather have kissed you now."

"What?"

Sam rolled over and this time hovered above Ace, "that kiss was like being on cloud nine! I felt as if all the troubles I have ever had in life washed away and my heartfelt as if I had found something that I had been missing my whole life. I can't lie, I have never thought about kissing you before but I have found so much about you amazing that I can't see why it never crossed my mind. It makes so much sense to me now, why I can't live without you, Ace, before Christmas it made me feel sick to the stomach not having you with me and I felt so lost without you. I missed holding you and running my hands through your hair, I missed your voice, your laugh, the way you smell like heaven and just everything about you-"

"Sammy, what are you trying to say?"

"Ace, I think I like you and more than a best friend. I like like you."

"Sammy?"

"Yeah?"

"All that you've just said, I understand completely. it was horrible without you and I feel so alive with you and I just, I don't know... can we just do that again?"

A smile formed on Sam's face as he leaned down and captured his best friends' lips once more. Ace melted back into the kiss. Sam was right, this was nothing like kissing a girl, this was so much better. And the electric feeling within him? Was bigger and more powerful, except this time. He could control it.

No sparks flickered from his fingertips, instead, they flowed through him and ignited a passion inside of him that he presented to Sam in the form of their kiss. 

A/n- 

I am so sorry it has literally taken me two years to update this, I had major writer's block but I have missed Orion and I have certainly missed Ace and Sam. I hope this chapter will mean that I update this more and more because I certainly have more to give this series.