Chapter 10

Orion went to go wake her son up for dinner but when she entered the room she let out s shrill scream. Ace was floating in the air, still asleep. Her scream woke him up and he collapsed onto the bed in shock.

Upon hearing her scream, Fred farted into the room and held on to his wife tightly. "What's wrong?" He asked her, looking around the room to find it perfectly normal.

She pointed at her son who had sat up, and stared down at his feet. "He-he...up there...asleep."

Fred didn't understand what Orion was going on about and turned to his son. "What's your mother going on about?" He asked him.

Ace shrugged, he was in shock himself. To wake up after you hear your mother screaming, floating in the air, he didn't know what to do. Fred turned back to Orion who was still in shock, "He was floating!" She managed to tell him. "Asleep and floating!"

Fred's eyebrows knitted together, "I think you're just seeing things. He wouldn't float in his sleep. He's past the stage of using magic without knowing, and even then it was moving his toys not floating."

"I'm not seeing things!" She cried. "I know what I saw!"

Fred pulled his wife into his chest, "it's been a long day, come on, dinner is ready, have something to eat and have an early night." He led Orion out of the room, "C'mon, Ace, mate."

Ace followed in silence, keeping his head down. He sat next to Teddy at the table, with his mother the other side of him.

"Everything okay?" Asked Molly.

Fred nodded, "Ry's just tired." He told his mother.

Orion refuses to look up, as did her son. All of the adults knew that there was something going on but with the children around they decided not to press the matter further.

Dinner was over and done with quickly. Orion bade everyone goodnight, kissing her children on their head. Fred led her into the room and got he her pyjamas to change into. They shared the room with George and Angelina.

After she had changed, after ticked his wife into bed. "Get some sleep, baby. You need it."

Orion shook her head, "I was not hallucinating! I know what I saw!"

"I don't think you do, Ryan. He wouldn't be able to float." Fred retorted. "It's been a long day and your emotions have run high with everything going on. Just get some rest." He sighed pressing a kiss to her lips.

She grumbled and rolled over completely ignoring him. Fred ran a hand through his hair and turned off the light, shutting the door behind him as he returned to the living room.

Ace snuck off about an hour later and crept into the bedroom where his mother was sleeping. He lightly shook her awake.  Sitting up and rubbing her eyes she used flicked on the lamp on the bedside table.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" She asked him.

"Does dad think you are crazy?"

She sighed and scooted over, patting the space beside her. Ace crawled into bed beside her and she wrapped her arms around him as e rested his head on her chest. "He just thinks I was seeing things."

"But you weren't!"

"I know. Your father is just stubborn and doesn't want to believe me is all. I know what I saw. Do you know how it happened?" She asked him.

Ace shook his head, "No."

"At least this is the only thing." She concluded, "I will try and read up on it. I'm sure this has happened before." Ace stayed quiet. "This is the only thing that has happened right?"

Deciding not to say anything he nodded his head. "Okay, good." His mother said. "Even if your father doesn't believe me or you, I'll look into it. I promise."

"Were you scared of me?" He whispered.

"No, no, no."

"But you screamed."

She sighed again and tightened her hold on her son. "I was shocked. That's all. I have never witnessed anything like this before and quite frankly I didn't know what to do. I wasn't scared of you. I was scared of what was happening. I doubt any mother would be okay with their son floating in his sleep. Do you?"

"Can you imagine if it was a regular thing?" Ace laughed for the first time in a while.

"I think everyone would be scared out of their wits." Orion snickered. "But that doesn't make you scary at all. It was what was happening."

Ace nodded his head and looked up at his mother, "I don't want to sleep. I don't want it to happen again."

"Neither do I." She admitted, rubbing his arms in a soothing manner.

"Can I stay in with you?" Ace questioned, "Please?"

"What about your dad?"

"He can move me like he did when I was younger!"

"That's all well and good, darling, but you were a lot smaller when you were younger."

Ace snorted, "Are you saying dad isn't strong?" Seeing his mother not know what to say, Ace felt free of the burden on his shoulders that controlled him. His mother was always able to cheer him up and he felt much happier when with her.

"I'm not saying that-"

"Yes you are! You hesitated!"

Orion laughed and attacked Ace into another hug and turning off the lamp. "Just sleep you!" She laughed kissing his head. Ace snuggled into his mother and closed his eyes waiting for sleep to take over him and when it did he felt as if everything was alright.

* * *

Angelina, George and Fred entered the bedroom quietly as the adults all made their way to bed around one in the morning. The three were definitely not expecting to find Ace asleep in his mother's arms.

"Go on, big boy. Carry your fifteen year old son to bed." George teased his brother as he and Angelina crawled into bed.

Fred shook his head, "I'm not that strong anymore! Why couldn't he have taken after his mother with his size and build and not me?"

"I don't know." Laughed Angelina, quietly. "What are you going to do?"

"Do what he had done to me." Concluded Fred, leaving the room.

"Where are you going?" Called George.

"To steal his bed!"