Chapter Fourteen

*Bucky's POV*

I woke up to alarms blaring loudly, the sirens making my ears ache.

I sat up quickly, and found that I was lying on the hospital bed with Sarah. She bolted up next to me, panic in her eyes. I put my hand on my shoulder, asking her to stay on the bed, and she nodded.

I stood up quickly, walking over to the door. I pulled it open to a hallway full of panicked agents and guards, flinging papers around left to right, abandoning their work. I grabbed an agent by the arm and she looked up at me terrified.

"What's going on?" I asked her, and she shook. I lightened my grip on her arm and searched her eyes for an answer.

"Someone is attacking the plane!" She told me, staring widely at me in fear. I frowned, and she tried to run. I pulled her back lightly, with more questions.

"Who is attacking the ship? And where are the other Avengers?" I asked urgently. She looked me in the eye.

"Hydra is attacking, and the avengers are trying to keep the plane in the air and defend us. I'm not sure exactly where they are." She replied. I nodded and released her.

"Thank you." I told her, and she nodded and ran down the hall to safety. I turned around at light-speed and ran into the room, grabbing Sarah by the arm.

"Hydra is attacking the plane. Are you ok to stand and defend yourself?" I asked her, and she smiled.

"I can fight!" She exclaimed, and I smiled in return.

"You better not hurt yourself or anything. If I lose you again, I'm going to break completely." I told her sternly, and she nodded in complete understanding, standing up fast. Ice began covering her body until she was encased in it. I gave her a strange look, and she grinned evilly.

"Ice armor." She said, and left the room.

I quickly followed her and swung the door open, readying my knife.

We walked out the door, heading for the living room.

--

*Steve's POV*

I sat on the living room chair, Natasha leaning into my side. She was messing with her phone, searching and hacking to get information on the 'Brock' guy. But she had been searching for a while, and hadn't found anything. We finished playing cards when we realized that we've both been trained for decades in strategy. So in short, no one won.

She sighed in frustration and threw her phone onto another chair across the room, leaning against me again. I put my arm around her shoulder.

"I can't find anything on this guy. It's like he's never existed. Usually people cover their tracks, and I'm used to that, but I've hacked into every website on the internet. I've found zero info on him!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air, with an attitude matching her fiery red locks. I frowned. It was unlike her to find nothing. This guy must really be hiding well.

I stroked her hair, planting a light kiss on her head.

"It's alright, Nat. We'll find him like we always do." I replied. I'm felt her nod against my shoulder. I breathed out, relaxing.

I closed my eyes for a split second, a split second, when all hell broke loose.

The wall of the plane suddenly exploded.

Natasha and I were thrown to the ground over the couch, and shrapnel rained down on us. The contents of the plane started being sucked out by the force of gravity, and the wind was strong.

I clutched Natasha's waist firmly in one hand, holding her tightly so she didn't get sucked out of the plane.

"Hold on!" I screamed to her, and she let out a cry of effort. I took my shield and threw it towards a couch near the hole, forcing the couch to slide into the wall. It blocked most of the hole, and the wind stopped pulling at us.

We fell to the ground, hard, and pain momentarily shot up my arm. Nat grunted in pain and we both shook it off, scrambling to our feet. A man dropped through the hole in the plane with a machine gun and I grabbed my shield. He only managed to shoot one bullet before I hit him in his chest with my shield.

Natasha whipped out her guns and Tony ran into the room, fully fitted in his iron suit. Cara, Peter and Valerie weren't too far behind. Bucky and Sarah were probably still in the hospital room, and I hoped that they could take care of themselves, because a group of Hydra agents came flying in through the hole.

They immediately opened fire, and we ducked at the speed of light just to avoid being shot. I reached for my shield, throwing it at them. It rebounded off of their bodies and back to me, making them fall out of the hole and into the air. I caught a small glimpse of their plane, flying parallel to us, with the Hydra logo painted crudely on the side. Agents came swirling out of the back to the plane, throwing grappling hooks to latch on. Tony saluted us and jumped out the window, breaking the lines of the grappling hooks and sending several Hydra agents to their watery graves.

I suddenly heard more shouting and realized other agents had gotten into the plane, and that they were in the direction of Sarah and Bucky.

I took off sprinting, Natasha on my heels, and made it to the small hospital ward just as Sarah froze like four agents in solid ice. I was almost a part of the Popsicle.

And come on, haven't I been frozen enough?!

I stuck my head out, looking down the hall, and she gave me an apologetic grin. I shook my head playfully and threw my shield as another Hydra soldier came down the hall, shooting a machine gun. I hit him square in the jaw and knocked him onto the hard floor.

All of the sudden, I heard another gunshot, and when I looked behind me, Valerie was on the ground. Natasha cried out in anger and shot the guy's chest three times, ensuring his demise. Peter shot webs to trip the agents, buying us time.

I dropped to my knees in front of Valerie, examining the bullet wound on her leg. She bit her lip and looked at the ceiling so she wouldn't cry. The wound was very deep, and the bullet was lodged at a strange angle. I knew I had to get it out.

"It's alright, Valerie." I told her, patting her good leg in comfort. Then I counted to three in my head, ripping the bullet out of her flesh, and cringing at her blood-curdling scream.

I left Cara to comfort her, trusting Cara would get her to safety, when I spotted Fury running down the halls.

"Hey! Where's Banner? We've got a hero down!" I yelled, and he locked eyes with me.

"No clue, but we have got to land this plane on the ground! Our engine is failing!" He shouted, making me frown. I covered for Fury as I spotted more agents behind him, and we took them out.

The plane then lurched, throwing us off of our feet and making Valerie scream once again as her leg was jostled about.

Hydra had bombed the plane again.

I outwardly groaned, and then spotted Bucky fighting in hand to hand combat down the hall from us. I glanced at Natasha and she shot his opponent down with her excellent marksmanship, and Bucky turned in surprise, giving her a nod in thanks.

--

--

We fought against the agents, taking them out one by one, cutting off hundreds of Hydra heads. There was an unbelievable amount of agents coming out of the plane next to us.

Fury had managed to level the plane with the help of Stark, Valerie was dragged to safety, and it was all turning in our favor.

It was a break in battle when I heard his voice.

"Well, well. The famous Captain." It snarled.

--