Chapter Fifteen

*Steve's POV*

I turned around, and saw a horrifying sight.

A man, well at least what I thought was a man, stood behind me. He was huge, really tall and really muscular. But that wasn't the shocking part.

The shocking part was that he had no skin on his face. He had eyes, teeth and a nose, but no facial skin at all. His head was just a bare skull with two eyes. His orange-brown suit was sleeveless, and had a picture of two bones crossing on it. Other than that and a belt holding guns, his suit was somewhat plain. The rest of his body looked normal, as in he had skin covering his huge muscles. A super-sized crossbow was attached to his back, along with arrows.

"I suppose you find my appearance shocking." He said, and I narrowed my eyes.

"I've seen uglier." I replied. He snarled, his lips curving down in a sneer. I clutched my shield tight.

"Do you know who I am?" He asked, crossing his huge arms over the crossbone design on his suit. I frowned, shaking my head. He snarled again.

"No one does, but I was just as important in World War Two." He grumbled, punching one of his own agents in anger.

"World War two? You were there?" Bucky asked, taking the words right out of my mouth.

"Yes, I was there. You may recall my partner, Red Skull?" He asked, looking directly at me. My eyes widened in surprise.

"You are Red Skull's partner?!" I asked, stunned, and he nodded.

"It seems as though we can defy both time and death, can't we?"

He gestured to me and Bucky, and Bucky glared at him with obvious anger and mistrust.

"What do you want?" I asked, before Bucky stabbed him or something. The guy was almost fuming.

"Oh, it's simple, really," he began, walking closer to me. I stood my ground and he got up in my face. "I want world domination."

I stepped back from his horrid face, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah well good luck with that." I said, falling in line with the team. The guy suddenly realized that there was a group of us, and his smirk faded just a bit, but it was enough to notice.

"So this is the new group of Avengers?" He asked, and I crossed my arms, mirroring his stance. I nodded.

"We can still kick your ass!" Tony exclaimed, his face mask up so you could see him. The man rolled his eyes, taking the crossbow off of his back and leisurely loading it with an arrow. I held up my shield and got in front of the group, making sure Bucky was in front of Sarah, I was in front of Natasha, and Valerie was protected.

"Put the weapon down!" I yelled at him, threatening to throw the shield. He simply shook his head, chuckling to himself.

"This is the fierce Captain America? Seriously? I thought you'd be a little more tough." He remarked, testing my patience.

I threw the damn shield at his ugly, skin-less face as hard as I could. I hit him square in the nose and the shield rebounded back to me. I caught it, watching him crumple to the ground in pain.

He held his nose and growled at me, as blood came squirting out, making a mess of his uniform. He scrambled to his feet, attempting to throw a punch in my direction, when I heard a roar so loud it shook the plane.

The Hulk had been unleashed.

Fear went across the guy's face, dissipating quickly. I looked around, expecting Bruce to come out of nowhere. But in the split second it took me to look around, the guy had walked over to the window and was preparing to jump out onto his own plane.

He turned around before he did.

"This isn't the last you'll see of Crossbones, Captain." He said, smirking.

Then he turned and jumped right out of the plane.

--

A.N.

So..Crossbones, eh?😏

What do ya think?!

-Jordan💕