Chapter Nineteen

*Steve's POV*

We all sat at a huge round table in the middle of the room, listening to Fury and watching a screen. We were going over all of the info that we had on Crossbones- which was very, very little.

"We assume he's been cryogenically frozen at some point, because the serum may hold off aging, but it doesn't stop it. And he isn't old. So he had to have been frozen for some amount of time." Fury explained, gesturing to a diagram on the board, which went completely over my head. Only Tony and Bruce knew what the hell was on the board.

"How good is he with that crossbow?" I sighed, getting bored of going over facts we already knew a million times. Fury paused briefly, then clicked a button on his remote. A video popped up on the screen, and the video showed Crossbow shooting down targets. He was as good as Hawkeye, and that is freaking hard to do. Maybe Clint would have some insight as to how to stop a fellow arrow-shooter.

"If he's that good, then we need to find Hawkeye." Natasha said, taking the words right out of my mouth. I nodded.

"Who's Hawkeye?" Cara asked, frowning, and those of us who fought in New York smiled.

"You'll see." I told her.

--

Two hours later, a pissed off Clint Barton was walking through the doors to the base. His bow was slung over his shoulder, along with a sheath full of arrows, as he stalked into the building. Me, Natasha, Tony, Fury and Bruce all stood there to greet him, because we didn't want to piss him off even more by showing him the newest members.

"WHAT THE HELL!" He yelled, fuming. Natasha stepped forward, her hands raised.

"Clint, calm down..."

"Calm down?! CALM DOWN?! You and Steve and Fury were all fucking DYING and S.H.I.E.L.D. was fucking COLLAPSING and no one thought they should call me?!" He screamed, stomping his foot as he got closer to us. Natasha stepped away from him, and I put my hand on her back for protection. None of us have ever seen Clint this angry.

"Clint..." Bruce warned. Natasha sighed.

"Clint, we couldn't exactly call you with Hydra eyes and ears everywhere! We did the best we could, given the fact that we took three hellicarriers and the best assassin in history down by OURSELVES!" Natasha exclaimed, exasperated. Clint frowned, clenching his teeth, and put his hands on his head.

"Clint, calm down, man! They did the best they could!" Tony said, but Clint wasn't listening.

"I don't even own a TV so I had NO clue what was going on until it was too late! Stupid fucking Hyd-" he started muttering some choice words to himself, pacing around in circles. Natasha groaned at his dumb meltdown and leaned into me. Which, evidently, was a bad decision, because Clint saw it.

"And on top of all of that, you fell for him?!" Clint asked, sounding genuinely surprised, which was an insult to me. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Watch it, Bow boy." I replied. He growled and clutched his bow tightly, stepping forward. Natasha suddenly jumped forward, doing a roundhouse kick to get the bow out of Clint's hand. It clattered to the floor loudly, and Natasha grabbed Clint's chin, forcing him to look at her.

"Clint, I am forever thankful for what you've done for me in my life. But that doesn't mean I can't make my own choices. I've changed, Clint, and if I want to be with Steve, then I'm going to be with Steve. And I'm sorry we didn't call you and tell you what was happening, but we were kinda busy saving the world. So get a hold of yourself!" She exclaimed. We all stood unmoving for a while, our eyes flicking back and forth between them, and finally Clint nodded.