Seven

One thing Sam notices is that Colby fluxuates.

It's possible that for a few weeks, he is the old Colby Brock, filming explorations videos with him and messing around the house. The next day he's as sullen and brooding as he had been at the start.

It's throwing Sam for a loop and he struggles to keep up with Colby's constant personality change. He's not sure if it's worth it anymore. He doesn't like the thought but he can't deny the truth behind it. He's tired of trying to match his eccentric roommates.

"Yo Samuel." Colby's at his door, expression neutral. "I've got a place for us to explore."

Sam swivels on his chair and keeps a pleasant welcoming expression on his face. Maybe an adventure would be good for him. His walls seemed bland now days.

He stands up. "Now?"

Colby shrugs. "Sure. Meet you by your car in five."

He leaves Sam alone in a too-hollow room made grey by desolate thoughts. The blond boy stands up and grabs a simple grey hoodie, decorated with a single black x. He's too tired to do much with himself after that so he just wears what he's wearing and walks downstairs.

There's not much he can do while he waits for Colby so he just scrolls through his Twitter mentions, laughing here and there. It isn't long before his brunette best friend shows up and Sam starts the car.

They don't say anything.

The trip itself is loud, cars and music and people. Sam and Colby say nothing to each other and the trip is so silent Sam thinks he's actually choking because he can't breathe and that's not good.

It's almost two hours before either of them says something and it's Colby that breaks the silence.

"I'm sorry, dude."  Sam glances over at his friend, saying nothing because really, what's to say? "Sam, dude, talk to me."

"And say what?" Sam asks quietly

"Tell me what happened to us."

There's silence, like someone had put the entire world on mute. The music dulled to a faint throb and a hush has befallen the earth.

Sam sighs. "I don't know, Colby."

"There's gotta be something we can do!" Colby shouts, throwing his hands in the it dramatically. Sam keeps his eyes on the road. "Sam, we can't live like this!"

"And how are we living?" Sam snaps. "We have more than most people could dream, Colby. We have so much to be grateful for and it's not enough for you?"

"That's not what I mean."

"Of course it's not."

Sam scowls and Colby falls silence. There's a sharp chord from the song that sharpens the atmosphere until every sound in a razor and Sam is the target. He feels like he's imploding and exploding at the same time. He feels like he's on fire and maybe he is, he thinks, because he feels angry enough.

Colby doesn't talk again.

---

Hey guys!

Sorry it's late, I hadn't finished writing the chapter. Any ideas? I'm starting to run out of inspiration and you guys like it heaps so what do u want to happen? Just message me or comment, I like to interact with you guys!

Again, sorry for the late update, I'll try and be more prepared next time!

DUECES

Bekka