Ten

If there's one thing Sam knows about his old best friend, it's that Colby can pull himself together at the drop of a hat. He's done it before, blinked back tears and pushed down whatever had been bothering him. Sam envies that part of Colby.

Despite everything, Sam finds it impossible to act awkward around everyone else. He even sends a few friendly smiles to Colby. Even though they'd fought, concern is still present in Sam's mind about how bad Colby must actually be. The part of him that's craving the friendship he lost tugs on his heart and begs for something more than Sam's giving.

Brennen's words trouble his thoughts and Sam almost calls the Taylor just so he can assure himself that he really he is trying. He doesn't pick up the phone though and he hates himself for it.

Ironically, Sam and Colby are doing better than ever on YouTube and everyone seems to think the two boys are still as close as Sam hopes they will be again. He wonders if Colby knows then scolds himself because of course Colby knows. Colby always knows.

Sam's sitting in his room when Colby appears at his door. The brunette boy looks sad, something that makes Sam's heart stutter. His forbidden feelings are unusually strong today and Sam hates it.

"I want to delete the Sam and Colby channel." Colby says and Sam chokes on the air he was breathing.

He stares at Colby for a long while before he says, "Please don't."

Colby watches him and Sam watches Colby and he doesn't really know what's going to happen. They're still tense around each other, they have been for a very long time now and Sam longs for them to come back and be friends again.

"Sam-"

"What happened to you?" Sam asks before he can stop himself. "What started this?"

Colby considers him for a moment before sighing and walking in. He sits next to Sam who tries not to cry when he smells Colby's familiar scent. It brings back memories. "I wanted to tell you," Colby begins quietly. "I wasn't sure how you'd react."

"I'm your friend, Colby-"

"That's the point dude." Colby sends Sam a look that clearly says 'shut up and let me talk'. "Being friends would make it harder. It was already hard enough to deal on my own. I didn't want to drag you down too."

Sam wants to say something in defense of himself but he doesn't really know what to say. His mind is blank and he hates it because this is the only time he has a chance to say what he's thinking and he's not really thinking anything at all.

"There's been something I've been wanting to tell you for a very long time, bro. I've never known what to say, haven't been able to live with myself because of it."

"Tell me now."

"No." Colby sucks in a breath and Sam suddenly wants to kiss him. "I want to show you."

Before Sam can process, there's something warm on his lips and he realises it's Colby just as the brunette backs away. There's fear in his eyes and a small flicker of hope the Sam wants to hold close. Something in him is screaming that that was wrong, that Sam shouldn't be kissing his best friend but he tells that part of him to shut up because he loves Colby and he finally has a chance to explore that.

The sharp sigh from Colby reminds him that he's taking too long to decide, so before Colby can run away, Sam grabs the front of his shirt and kisses him again, trying to block out the drums in his chest that beat loudly in the awkward silence around them both.

Sup guys,

I really hope y'all are enjoying the story.

Again I say that any ideas will be incorporated into this story! Love you all.

DUECES.

Bekka