The Newcomer

Mother Gothel POV

"Megara?" Upon seeing her, my dagger lowered and my guard wasn't as sharp as when she had first stepped into the cottage.

The newcomer saw that I had lowered my guard, and leapt forward, unsheathing her hidden sword in the process. My eyes widened and I met her shiny, silver blade with my old and treasured dagger. She gripped onto my right shoulder so tightly it felt like it was going to bruise. A bad bruise too.

Megara's eyes were full of anger, and an unknown blazing fire shone in her pupils. The hood of her cloak had fallen off of her head when she had attacked me, and now I saw her appearance fully. She didn't look any different than when I had seen her last, still wearing the same outfit, and still styling her long auburn hair in the ponytail that I had grown to remember.

"Gothel!" That one word that she had shouted in my ear was laced with a venom so powerful it put the poison of a saw-scaled viper to shame. I winced from her grip on my shoulder, plus with the added pain from the wound on my thigh, I felt like falling over. Stupidly, I put my free hand on my wound from earlier, not knowing that I just had unwittingly exposed to her my weak spot.

The young woman noticed again and dodged my attacks to strike my leg. But since it was just a recent wound, it was harder to move it, and plus, she was more agile than me. The age difference wasn't that large, if you include the effects of the magical flower that I had used. 

Her sharpness and skills are incredible, I thought to myself. 

In one quick slash and my being lost in my thoughts, she was already on the other side of me, putting her sword back in the sheath on her belt. I didn't realized what had happened until I had fallen to the worn wood floor, defeated. 

Stealing a glance at my leg, I did indeed see that she dealt an attack to it, enough to disable me for the time being, but not too much that I would get a giant infection. Megara looked at me and did her signature smirk, and placed her hands on her tiny waist. Her hands rested right above her wide hips.

Now disabled and lying on the floor, I felt helpless. I looked around for my weapon, but to my dismay, she was expertly twirling the blade in her right hand as she looked down at me.

"Now Gothel," Megara started, "I bet you know what I came for." She continued to twist the blade around, and the ribbon that I had tied to it was waving in the air.

I held my hands up in protest, not knowing what she meant and what she wanted from me. "I don't know. Really!" 

She dropped the blade dangerously close to my head, and I flinched. Turning my head to look at where my dagger had landed, I saw that it had trapped some of my curly black hair underneath it.

"What do you want?" I hated looking and sounding helpless, but I had to accept the fact that I was actually helpless this time.

Megara laughed and put on of her tiny hands on her hip and the other resting on the dining table where I had eaten my hazelnut soup.

"Oh you're so funny Gothel," she laughed and laughed. Megara continued,

"I want the book."

------------------

*shakes head in dismay*

Gomen, I cannot write fight scenes!

Word Count: 608 (Okay then...)

~DarkFreed