AyameUchiha18

Winner of the Jounin or Chunin Of Konohagakure Category, 2017

Hello Miss Ayame~! It's a pleasure to be able to interview you, how are you today? ^^

I'm great, been feeling pretty good lately :) How are you?

I'm doing well, thanks~! Now, let's get right into the questions. Congratulations on winning first place in the Jounin or Chunin of Konohagakure category of the Naruto Watty Awards! How do you feel about that and what was your initial reaction to the news? Did you brag about it to your family and friends? ;)

Thanks, I was really shocked when I found out that I won! I'd only entered 1 watty before and I hadn't come close; I think when I entered it this time, I had a lot more lovely readers and the book was properly complete. I was so happy when I found out I'd won, I've never won anything for things I've written before. I definitely bragged about it to my friends, haha; especially one friend who I'd talked to throughout the entire development process and actually inspired a few aspects of Mayako's character!

That sound's amazing! It must've felt great to have all that hard work pay off! Now, your fanfic, Spectral Illusions (I love that title by the way), has been quite a success with over 3 thousand votes in 31 parts! Please tell me, what was your inspiration? Was it something that came to you all at once or did the idea take a while to develop?

Honestly, I don't know what the inspiration was. It was mostly stumbling across fanfics across the internet and wanting to create something. As with any story, it took a long time to develop, it never comes to you in a sudden flash. It's more about daydreaming; ideas come to you as you go about your day and you'll think of a new cool plot point for your story or an awesome new design alteration for your character. Talking about it with people who are interested in that sort of thing helps too, they sometimes come up with their own ideas that completely change your ideas for the better!

I'm sure many people are able to relate to that (: And what do you think of the fact that you're almost at 700 followers? How and when did your rise to fame start? Where do you aim to be in terms of followers?

I think it's awesome that almost 700 people wanna read the stuff I come up with, and I'm really flattered that they do. I think people started to follow me when user Arctic_Sky (who first inspired me to write fanfics!) mentioned me on their profile as someone people should take a look at (which I'm still massively grateful for and I squealed when I saw it). I don't really have a goal for followers, I still just think it's crazy people wanna read my stuff; numbers don't really matter to me.

On the topic of your followers, since there's going to be quite a few of them reading this interview, is there anything you'd like to say to them? About yourself or about your stories?

I wanna say a big thank you to everyone who's reading, who's read or who is thinking of maybe reading something I've made; it really means a lot to me, and it's crazy to think someone's sat somewhere in the world, in class or in work, or on the bus or at home, reading something I've written. I also wanna say I'm really sorry for not updating consistently or not writing sequels I promised or making those covers I said I'd do, I know some of you guys get really excited about the stuff I do and that's amazingly flattering too. So I'm sorry if I let you guys down, but most of the time, I lose inspiration to begin writing something that's an old project (like Spectral Illusions' sequel, sadly, and Immortals' sequel). The projects that are getting my attention at the minute are Delinquent, and I'm working on a new Final Fantasy XV fanfic. Again, I'm sorry if those aren't what you're looking forward to; it's just hard to write for something I'm not feeling excited about.

On that note... let's go back to your stories. Which one is your personal favorite or which one are you the proudest of? Is it Spectral Illusions or one of the others you've written?

I'd say the one I'm most proud of is Delinquent. I think that was the first time I slowed myself down when I was planning, and put so much thought and time into the story and character development. I love how it's turning out, the story is going at a nice pace and not rushed like most of my other stories are, and it's not dragged out for the sake of it like some of the things I've written (*cough* Immortals *cough*). The characters in it feel real and I just love writing it, I think the readers are gonna love the plot I have cooked up! *rubs hands together evilly* It's also getting an update some time soon, so look out for that!

Oh boy. I'm sure your readers are in for a wild ride, aren't they? If you were to enter our 2018 contest, would you enter with Delinquent?

Yeah, I definitely would. In fact, I entered it in the 2017 contest, but it was up against some pretty sweet competition and it doesn't have many readers (but thank you to those who do read it, they're loyal and dedicated af! Love you guys!) so it didn't get tons of votes (but also thank you to those who did vote, it means a lot). But yeah, I would definitely enter it again and see what happens 

To be so talented and successful on wattpad... I'm sure you had some support along the way! Other then your general fanbase, is there anyone you would like to give a shoutout to? Both on wattpad and not ^^

I'd definitely like to give a big thank you to  who's supported Delinquent from the very beginning and leaves really awesome comments, the kind that talks about their thoughts on what's happened, what they think is gonna happen etc. It's really cool seeing that kind of feedback and not just "cool, update again", I get really excited when I see MissRebelle's commented on a chapter. 

In that case, I hope to see you in the upcoming contest! Last questions, if you could describe your writing style and how you like to structure your books in five words, how would you describe what has brought you so much success on wattpad? 

Hm, I'd say picky; if I don't get a chapter right I'll rewrite the whole thing til I like it. Dramatic, too; without a good plot I quickly get bored. Also complex, if I do say so myself; I like to make people think and I spend a lot of time on my characters and stories. I guess I can't really say this in one word, but I always like to make sure there's a good balance of action and romance, gotta love a bit of that. And I'd say the last one is patience; these stories take a long time to develop and it's difficult to think of something in a short time and write a book on it.

That sounds really nice (: And that concludes our interview! Is there anything else you'd like to put out there before we say goodbye?

I just wanna say that being a writer is awesome; I really appreciate everyone who takes the time to read my stuff, because it lets me fulfill a big dream of mine by writing stuff I enjoy every day. I also wanna say that if you're considering writing, whether it be Naruto, another fandom, or something completely original, go for it! It might take some while to get used to it, and your writing will only improve over time and practice, but you'll enjoy it if it's something you've been wanting to do. I don't regret posting anything on my profile for the world to see; get out there and kick some ass (through words)!

Thank you for this opportunity to interview you~~ Bye!

Thanks for having me!