cutechildromance

Winner of the After the Fourth War Category, 2017

Hello~ It's a pleasure to be able to interview you! How are you doing today?

Hi! I'm doing fine, thank you! Although, life's been super hectic for me since I entered law school last year, so I haven't yet finished the last chapter of my fanfic. Haha. Also, let me just say that this is such a huge honor. I never imagined in my entire "career" as a Wattpad writer, and an amateur at that, that I'd actually get interviewed for my work. So thank you so much for giving me this opportunity! :)

It is absolutely my pleasure to be interviewing you! Now, let's get right to the questions. Congratulations on winning first place in the After The Fourth War category of the Naruto Watty Awards! How do you feel about that and what was your initial reaction to the news? Did you brag about it to your family and friends? ;)

Thanks! Well, up to now I still feel overwhelmed by the love and support I've been receiving through my work. I wasn't really serious about the competition in general. A reader of mine suggested to me the idea of joining and so I thought I should give it a try, since I could do it to promote the story as well. And when I found out I won first place, I was thrilled. Haha. I was indifferent about winning at first, but it definitely made me feel fulfilled. And yeah, I guess I did brag a little. Haha. It was the first time I've ever joined a competition here in Wattpad and won, so I felt proud somehow. :)

Well, you definitely earned yourself all the bragging rights (: Now, your fanfic, Naruto and Hinata: The First, has been quite a success with an impressive 2.1k votes in 42 parts! Please tell me, what was your inspiration? Was it something that came to you all at once or did the idea take a while to develop?

What inspired me basically was the movie, Naruto The Last. I just felt that the romance between Naruto and Hinata needed more detail, which both the series and the movie lacked. Don't get me wrong, the movie was great. In fact, I think I've watched it more than five times already and the feels were just oozing. Hahaha. It's just that, while I was watching the movie for the first time, what was running through my mind was how Naruto finally realized his feelings for Hinata. I know in the movie he realized it through a genjutsu, but I thought maybe it should have happened in a more natural way. So I thought why not satisfy myself through creating my own fanfiction.I'm a rather impulsive writer, actually. I wrote the first chapter right after watching the movie and without any definite plot in mind, and I just mainly relied on my love for the couple and on how I believed their romance should have developed. Sometimes, the plot would occur to me when I'm already halfway through an arc. And that's the exciting part about writing. You never know what's coming until you write it down. Haha. :)

I'm sure many people are able to relate to that (: And what do you think of the fact that you're at 221 followers? How and when did your rise to fame start? Where do you aim to be in terms of followers?

I can't really consider myself famous, but surely, these numbers are the highest I've attained so far, and it's all thanks to my beloved readers who have constantly supported me despite my shortcomings. I don't have a specific goal in mind, but I at least aim for my fanfic to be one of the best out there and give my readers something to love and enjoy. :)

That's a good answer ^^ On the topic of your followers, since there's probably going to be quite a few of them reading this interview, is there anything you'd like to say to them? About yourself or about your stories?

Firstly, I'd like to send out a huge thanks to my lovely readers! They've all been so supportive and patient with me throughout the NHTF journey and I very much appreciate how they stay tuned despite the sporadic uploads recently. Haha. They're the foremost reason why I've kept on going and why I would always strive to write the best chapters. Their sweet comments are very precious and uplifting for me as an amateur writer, and they make me believe that the story is actually going somewhere. Because honestly, when I first uploaded the story, I thought the plot was just plain ridiculous, but then the votes and comments came flooding in and I couldn't believe that people actually liked it. So I really owe them a lot for the story's success and for shaping me into the writer that I am right now. I've really progressed as a writer because of them and I couldn't thank them enough for that. As for the current status of the story, the last chapter's still not up and I can't write it yet, but I promise to do so as soon as I can. Well, probably months from now. Haha. Finally, to my awesome readers, I couldn't have done it without you. Thank you and I love you all! :)

On that note... let's go back to your stories. Which one is your personal favorite or which one are you the proudest of? Is it Naruto and Hinata: The First, or one of the others you've written? And it seems that you don't have anymore Naruto fanfics, do you have another one in the making?

Definitely, NHTF is the story I'm proudest of. Well, for obvious reasons. Haha. It's the most successful out of everything I've written and I enjoyed writing it the most. And honestly, all the others were written by me when I was still a newbie in Wattpad and in writing in general, so they have no workable plot at all. I just wrote them for the sake of calling myself a writer, and I didn't really expect them to click. Haha. I'm actually thinking of writing another NaruHina fanfic, but the idea is still raw inside my head since I don't have time to sit down and brainstorm about it yet. I also want to finish NHTF before doing so. :)

Well, I wish you good luck on your endeavor and hope to see you in our contest in the coming years ^^ To be so talented and successful on wattpad... I'm sure you had some support along the way! Other then your general fanbase, is there anyone you would like to give a shoutout to? Both on wattpad and not ^^

Maybe I'd give a shoutout to my long-time best friend who ushered me into the world of writing. She was the one who inspired me to write and suggested Wattpad to be my platform. I actually hated writing before. It frustrates me whenever our teachers would ask us to write essays. It was just not my thing. Haha. But it was all thanks to her that I eventually fell in love with the art and got good at it. :)

That sounds like a great friend (: Last question, if you could describe your writing style in five words, which words would you use?

I basically use the acronym C.R.O.S.S as a guide. In my every writing endeavor, I make sure the ideas are Creative, the events are Realistic, the plot is Original, the style is Sophisticated and every chapter is Smoothly-transitioned. :)

That's a great description ^^ And that concludes our interview! Is there anything else you'd like to add before we say goodbye? (:

There is, actually. Haha. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the Naruto Watty Awards Team for initiating this kind of gig among the Naruto fanfiction writers here in Wattpad. Anime fanfiction writers are the minority in this site and we don't really receive that much attention compared to writers of the mainstream stuff. Haha. So I really think this is an effective way to promote our stories and to boost our confidence as writers at the same time. Because knowing that there are others out there who not only write about the same anime but also take pride in it, it's doubly satisfying and fulfilling. So on behalf of all the participants, thank you. We not only owe our success to our fans, but also to you. I wish you all the best of luck for this year's competition! ^_^

Awww thank you!!! What a wonderful way to end this interview hehe (; Goodbye!

Haha. Thank you for letting me share my thoughts through this interview. It was an honor to be one of your participants and winners. Goodbye! ^_^