ANBU_Black_Ops

Winner of the General Naruto Category, 2018

Hello~ It's a pleasure to be able to interview you, how are you doing today?

I'm quite alright. And you?

I'm doing great, thanks for asking (: Let's jump right into the questions! Congratulations on winning first place in our biggest category: General Naruto. And with a record-breaking amount of votes too! 230 people voted for you~ How do you feel about that and what was your initial reaction to the news? Did you brag about it to your family and friends? (;

I was quite surprised to find out, actually! I feel honored and touched that people liked my story enough to vote for it, and the fact that we broke the past record was amazing. I wish I had more time to write for my readers. They deserve more content than I can readily produce.

Your fanfic, A Couple Steps Back, has been quite the success already with 563k views and 38.1k votes! Can you tell me what your inspiration for the story was? Did the idea come to you all at once or did it take a while to develop?

Ah, I sort of winged it. I've always been drawn to time travel and the idea of it, and when I saw that Naruto Time Travel books even existed, I had to make one of my own. I've done my best not to copy anyone else, and to make it my own!

That's understandable, good method! Let's talk about your followers now! As of now, you have 1,524 followers and that number's still growing. That's quite the achievement (: When did this rise to fame start and where do you aim to be in the future, follower wise?

When I started A Couple Steps Back, it was not long before people began to gravitate towards the account. People enjoy time travel, I suppose. I don't much care how many followers this account has so long as people are deriving enjoyment from what's written.

That's a wonderful approach (: On the topic of your followers, since many of them will be reading this interview, do you have anything you'd like to tell them? About yourself or your stories?

I'd like to tell them thank you. I am well aware that I don't express my appreciation nearly enough, but I want them to know that their comments make me smile and that I'm extremely glad they enjoy what we write here on this account. It warms my heart to know that they all went out of their way to vote for my book.

I'm sure they'll be happy to read this (: Is A Couple Steps Back your favorite story of the ones you've written? Or is it one of the others you have posted? If so, tell me about that story.

Well, this is a group account, so only two of the stories belong to me. A Couple Steps Back is my favorite so far, but my other story, Believer, is quickly beginning to take its place as the story develops. A Couple Steps Back is honestly nearing its end, and I'm not sure if there will be a sequel.

Are you or one of the other people who have access to this account planning on entering next year's competition?

I'm sure some are planning to. There was a member this year who tried to enter, but got the dates wrong and was a little late. It's my hope that they'll enter next year! I don't think I'll be entering again.

Well, I wish them good luck (: Anyways, is there anyone, other than your general fan base, to which you'd like to give a shoutout to? On wattpad or not.

My readers have been so patient with me, and I owe this all to them, really. I wouldn't be much without them. It's truly an honor to have so many amazing people reading my story.

And this brings us to the last question! If you could describe your writing style and how you like to structure your books in five words, how would you describe what has brought you so much success on wattpad?

Grammar and very shitty jokes.

And that concludes our interview! Is there anything else you'd like to say? (:

I'd just like to say thank you to all my readers! I wouldn't be anywhere without them, so I owe it all to them. 

It's been a pleasure interviewing you, thanks for your time!!